Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by richhobo_FL
Kuhlkatz wrote:I personally think that fixed speed cams or red light cams should be reported as a map issue instead of someone just randomly 'plugging' cameras that need to be confirmed all over the map with the Report Cam feature.

When I started using Waze, I thought that the 'Report Camera' function WAS actually for reporting a temporary speed cam, and not a fixed one. I think that many new Wazers also make the same assumption.

The 'Report Camera' should be to indicate cops out manning a temporary camera and the current 'Report Police' should be just that. Police that is visible due to duties / random checks or roadblocks that they are manning.

If no-one else agrees with the map issue option, either the report Camera option should include a 'Temporary Cam' option, or the Report Police should get a third selection of Speed Enforcement or whatever other elegant description in addition to just the hidden / visible option.

As I am not in the drug-running or gun-smuggling business, I don't really care if cops are reported so would not try to avoid that area ;) Them being in plain sight or jumping out behind a bush/tree/wall would make no big difference to me.
I do however have lead in my shoes, so my foot tends to be heavy ...
HaHa Kuhlkatz, I am not in the smuggling business either but I do have a heavy foot and would like some universal way for people to say "hey, there's a cop out patroling around this area.
richhobo_FL
Send a message

Post by richhobo_FL
xteejx wrote:How about a "hey, don't drive like a dick" report? If people want to speed, why should you help them avoid a ticket? They're just the kind of idiot that could easily hit your car!

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
Umm wow that was uncalled for. There is already a cop report feature just wanted to expand on it. And I will drive like I want to with or without this app.
richhobo_FL
Send a message

Post by richhobo_FL
xteejx wrote:I'm just saying. Anyone needing to see the police icon or alert on waze is obviously a bad driver. Why else would anyone care unless they were speeding or driving without a licence, insurance or tax?
Too many idiots on the road these days, I'd hate to see waze being used to help those people who decide to flout the law.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Great point. I would like to see a police scanner built into waze. That would be great.
richhobo_FL
Send a message

Post by richhobo_FL
Sorry for bringing up a touchy subject. haha
People driving in the left lane (fast/pass lane) below the speed limit reallllllly realllllly piss me off. grrrr
richhobo_FL
Send a message

Post by richhobo_FL
I have addresses saved in my contacts. It would be nice to be able to have as an option to select from contacts when trying to navigate.
richhobo_FL
Send a message

Post by richhobo_FL
khoward633 wrote:I'd like to see some indicator (maybe an arrow) on the direction other wazers on my screen are traveling (or really have already traveled).

Example: I'm driving on a long stretch of highway and see other wazers on the road. I don't know if they went the same direction I am going or the opposite. This would help when looking for hazards, traffic, police. If I see no hazards or police in my route and other wazers have recently traveled this way, then I feel more confident that I should have a trouble free drive. If they are going in the other direction, then I need to be more careful 8-)
+1
richhobo_FL
Send a message

Post by RoadRunner50
1. POSTED SPEED LIMIT.....I would like to see the speed limit displayed for the road I am on.
2. SAVE ROUTES/LOCAL MAPS....I would like to simply save my route(s) and be able to fine tune them, and reverse them. And I would like to save my local maps offline so when the network connection is spotty I can more quickly get going.
3. VIEW COMPLETE ROUTE.....I would like to easily view my complete route on the screen, along with alternative routes without having to zoom out by swiping my screen.
4. NOTIFICATIONS ALONG MY ROUTE ONLY PLEASE....I only want to view pop up notifications which are on my route ahead, not for miles around me.
5. GAS STATIONS AHEAD ON MY ROUTE....when looking for gas I am primarily interesed in stations along my route ahead, and I want to filter for my favorite brands. And make their complete
6. MILE MARKERS ON INTERSTATES....I want to know my location based on the mile marker so when I need to call for help I can report where I am in a way they will understand.
7. CACHE REPORTS UNTIL NETWORK IS AVAILBALE.....when I try to report items and the network is not available, store them until it become available then submit them, don't just tell me the network is not available How silly...otherwise the report does nobody any good!
RoadRunner50
Send a message

Post by rocksanchez
I'll like that waze tell me when to start the ride to get to an appointment.

For example: I have a meeting in "X" destination at 5pm, and I want that waze is tracking traffic and tell me something like "You need to start your ride in the next 10 minutes to arrive between 4:50 and 5:00pm".
rocksanchez
Send a message

Post by rodsterb
I'd like to see a text version of my route before I start off. Sort of turn by turn navigation so I can scroll through and see if this is the way I want to go or not. I like the feature that shows me in advance that I'm going to the right destination, I would just like to see how it is planning to take me before I start.
rodsterb
Send a message

Post by Ron760
What is missing and should be added is that the navigation should say/announce your destination is approaching to the left or right. This feature exists on my Garmin device (that I no longer use).
Ron760
Send a message
Whittier, California, United States | Royalty Wazer | Waze 4.46.2.1 | Pixel 3 | Android 9