Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby xtago » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:17 am

invented wrote:I'm just finding it much more work to do the same thing as the old WME. I have to scroll down now to hit the 'Select All Segments', I have to click/cancel the dropdown lists constantly (can't tab anymore!)... it just seems slower.

Yes its slower, than old editor, but i do prefer this editor over the old one.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
xtago

Postby davipt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:42 am

xtago wrote:
wine4sure wrote:Dead ends need to be terminated in a node otherwise if you start a journey on them you get "proceed to highlighted route". Not sure what happens if you attempt to navigate to an unterminated dead end.

I don't see a problem with that myself, you have to go to the intersection anyway, I don't see what the point is of trying top start the navigation half way through the segment of a dead end road when you need top head towards the junction anyway.

Here is the problem: link.

If my friend leaves home at the rightmost end of "Rua da Portela", which is unterminated, waze always started him from "Rua 18" above, nearby the fake cross with "Rua da Quinta da Fonte". And this is not a case of bad GPS, as we've tried waiting and checking with other apps that he was at the right place and with a low gps error.

I think going back home would take him to his street though, so it may only affect the start point.

So now we know why it failed! thank you!
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby xtago » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:05 am

wine4sure wrote:Dead ends need to be terminated in a node otherwise if you start a journey on them you get "proceed to highlighted route". Not sure what happens if you attempt to navigate to an unterminated dead end.

If you just create a new dead end it will not be terminated in a node. As has been said many people do this (myself included, I just found one yesterday that I created a long time ago). I found an entire city (Bath) like this.

I don't see a problem with that myself, you have to go to the intersection anyway, I don't see what the point is of trying top start the navigation half way through the segment of a dead end road when you need top head towards the junction anyway.

Also you do know that if you move the end of a segment that has a junction the editor automatically removes the junction, you can only keep the junction if you move the junction itself.

xtago

Postby mssusa » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:12 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I will make sure I disable scripts and try again.

Okay, so I've verified partially. It may be a hardware/software issue. I'm on a unibody MBP and when I click by fully depressing the trackpad so it actually "clicks" then nothing happens. However, if I just tap it, then it works fine. This sounds like an issue with Chrome and the OS/hardware, but not a Waze issue.

I've reported this earlier with Chrome on Windows 7 64bit. I can't even analyze it as it works fine on very rare occasions. All scripts disabled.

Same goes for losing the ability to see if a dead end segment is terminated by a node or not. Thanks to Tim this is not a big issue as his highlighting tool helps here.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:57 pm

xtago wrote:Click on the street if you get no turn arrows then it probably isn't connected and needs to be checked

Please please please stop answering questions with an answer which isn't remotely related to the actual question. You keep pulling answers out of thin air, giving bad and incorrect answers to users, or just completely miss the actual point of the question. You have been warned many times.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby xtago » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:25 pm

wine4sure wrote:Forgive me if this is already covered in the 19 pages of messages, but is there any way that I've missed to tell if a road ends in a node once it's been selected?

Previously you would get a different shape at the end. Now it looks to me like you get the same size circle at each end. Am I missing something?

You can't always tell by the blue dot because sometimes the street name obscures it. And anyway I would like to know once the road is actually selected.

Click on the street if you get no turn arrows then it probably isn't connected and needs to be checked

xtago

Postby Timbones » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:41 pm

wine4sure wrote:Forgive me if this is already covered in the 19 pages of messages, but is there any way that I've missed to tell if a road ends in a node once it's been selected?

There's a script that will highlight unterminated roads when not selected (see sig) (AMs only)

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Kuhlkatz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:02 pm

porubcan wrote:i'm not aware of changing default font size
haven't helped. if I change browser zoom level to 75% it help with the menu going off screen, but I still

The page 'zoom' level does not affect the display. Under settings, select 'Advanced Settings' and scroll down to 'Web Content'. Set the font size on the drop-down there to 'Medium', which is the default. Altering this or using any 'custom' font settings will alter WME's display and seems to totally confuse it most of the time.

You can also just mouse over the left-hand pane or any other place where 'Text' appears on a web page and use Ctrl + MouseWheel Scroll up or down to adjust the font size. In your case, scroll forward to increase the font size, and the '+' toolbar should correctly align.

Due to this and the 'seemingly' larger fonts in use by WME, Tims' script also now extends over the vertical length of the screen. Same as on the older WME, anything in the left status panel that extends over the 'default' screen length seem to cause the map graphics & segment objects display to get totally out of sync.

It is likely due to the fact that the 2 'frames' are not really 2 totally independent frames, so if one frame's layer is slightly larger than expected, it causes HTML 'wrapping' issues on the other frame.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby porubcan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Kuhlkatz wrote:
porubcan wrote:change also displaced Add menu below the button... now it goes off the screen

This would happen if you have adjusted the browser's default font size to a smaller size. Larger sizes does not seem to cause this. The default fonts in use by this version of WME looks larger than previously and is too big in my opinion.

Having left hand panel script displays that exceed the vertical panel size is also what causes the road graphic layout vs segment positions sync issues.

well I'm using WME in Chrome 22.0.1229.94 with highlight script, so I just switched script off and reloaded WME...
i'm not aware of changing default font size
haven't helped. if I change browser zoom level to 75% it help with the menu going off screen, but I still have to scroll down in order to get to permalink. even on external screen with 1920x1200 res.

here is screenshot of full Chrome window with browser's zoom at 90%: http://oi50.tinypic.com/xc80uf.jpg
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Kuhlkatz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:18 pm

porubcan wrote:change also displaced Add menu below the button... now it goes off the screen

This would happen if you have adjusted the browser's default font size to a smaller size. Larger sizes does not seem to cause this. The default fonts in use by this version of WME looks larger than previously and is too big in my opinion.

Having left hand panel script displays that exceed the vertical panel size is also what causes the road graphic layout vs segment positions sync issues.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor