Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Full screen

Post by
A full screen option would be great on the iPhone client. I don't know if it's possible on other clients already but an option to use the full screen on any device would be perfect!

POSTER_ID:10363533

Send a message
Last edited by Schamperl on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Schamperl wrote:It never uses full screen on my iPhone with IOS 6.0.1. Does it work on your device? Which one do you have?
iOS 6.0.1, iPhone 5, Waze 3.5.1.0 uses the full screen.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Schamperl wrote:I have the iPhone 4s and Waze 3.5.1.0. So why isn't it working on my device? Is it just 'cause you are using iPhone 5?
Could you post a full-resolution screenshot to an image hosting service like imageshack or other? I think it would help us understand what you are seeing. (I previously used Waze on a iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1 j/b with no issues.)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
That is considered full screen for Waze. You're the first person I've heard of suggesting you don't want to see battery status or the current time, etc., while running Waze.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Schamperl wrote:Ok. I don't consider this as full screen, cause when i'm in navigation mode, i don't need these informations. So it would be nice to turn the status bar off....
Unless Waze can implement some kind of user-selectable option, I can't see that being implemented. I wouldn't hold your breath. Unless you've got massive lung capacity. :mrgreen:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
OldGnome wrote:I can't find an app on my iPhone 4S that does not display that information. It is likely iOS peeking through and not a matter of an app allowing or disallowing the information.
Most games take over the full screen.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Most people will want to see it. Battery and time being strong examples. Not like you'd gain a lot of screen real estate by removing it.

If you were on Android you could actually do it via Tasker though.

via tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
I charge mine too but I still like to see the battery. Data indicator too

via tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by mwburn
Schamperl wrote:I see.... But why is it necessary to show the status bar? imo it has nothing to do with the app itself. So why don't show some more Waze related info instead of this IOS stuff? Probably the only usable thing is you can see on long drives if some new emails or text messages were coming in if you have your phone in silent mode....
My personal opinion, I like the status bar (to see my signal strength and the time) especially when driving in areas were coverage may be less. Plus, I don't think there would be much additional "info" available.
mwburn
Send a message
I'd be ranked higher if I drove more than 5 miles to work. :-(
But I only have to drive 5 miles to work. :-)

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by mwburn
Schamperl wrote:I don't need my battery status when i'm using in my car 'cause my phone is recharging when i drive... Using Waze only on battery is insane 'caus it sucks a lot of battery....
I use it sans charger all the time and I'm pretty sure I'm not insane. :-)
I frequently make short trips (less than 10 miles) and don't take the time to plug in the charger. Why would I even bother running waze for such a short time you ask? To provide feedback for my fellow wazers of course. :D
mwburn
Send a message
I'd be ranked higher if I drove more than 5 miles to work. :-(
But I only have to drive 5 miles to work. :-)

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by OldGnome
Schamperl wrote:A full screen option would be great on the iPhone client. I don't know if it's possible on other clients already but an option to use the full screen of any device would be perfect!
How does it not use the full screen for you today?
OldGnome
Send a message