Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

how long before Waze knows your route?

Post by sorcererdale
I have driven a certain 7 hour route about 5 times now, and Waze still wants me to go 10 -20 miles out of my way. It wants me to stay on state highways rather than taking perfectly good, county roads. I also don't like when it does this as then it wants me to turn down every road that comes up, apparently to turn around as those roads do not go anywhere. How many times does Waze take to know your route?

What is the difference between fastest route and shortest route? They don't seem to make a difference.
sorcererdale

POSTER_ID:5943137

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Please see your question and the in the FAQ.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by DrockMiller
My normal route isn't nearly that long, but Waze figured out a few ideal routes pretty quickly. What I'd suggest is checking out the route in the map editor to see if there are any problems along the way such as missing roads or incorrect turn restrictions. If you post at least part of your route here I'm sure people can give you some more specific suggestions.
DrockMiller
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message