Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

What do I do with a problem "area manager"

Post by xdarkhorsex
Just a quick question:

What do I do when the "area manager" deletes my changes, even though they are accurate, also will rewrite over the roads I've added by actually driving them so that it'll be under his name? Frustrating.

I've labelled many points of interest only to have them deleted entirely.
xdarkhorsex

POSTER_ID:10926806

Send a message

Post by asterix06
You should "PM" the AM who deleted your landmark and ask for the reason he dit it
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4L_o ... _small.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Iphone8+ Waze 4.43.0
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Turchia.
Forum Administrator

Post by cherianchris
Well, the dark horse is underground now.. Must be a new user..

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png

Post by dmcconachie
And presumably you're conforming to any guidelines relevant to your country? In most only large landmarks should be added!

via tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by jasonh300
xdarkhorsex wrote:also will rewrite over the roads I've added by actually driving them so that it'll be under his name?
What exactly is this supposed to mean?
I don't think you're fully understanding how things work.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
How does one know who deleted something?

We need additional explanation from the OP. Everything about the original post shows an unfamiliarity with the editor, wiki, and entire system.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
The AM's name isn't ADMIN, is it?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jemay
Have you PMed the person?
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by legoguy
Hello, I am the AM in question; I don't believe I've made any changes here that are against rules, or that are incorrect. There are some roads that I've adjusted based on recent development in the area. If you'd like we can further investigate the issues via PM; I don't make changes so they are "in my name" - I just make changes that I see need to be made based on my travels in the area. I'd be glad to work together to figure these things out.

As for deleting some landmarks, I have deleted some landmarks that, according to the wiki, are not necessary to have mapped, such as very small businesses and parking lots. I've also made some changes to named parking lots - they would show up on the map rather than the business they were near and in that case I simply changed them to unnamed parking lots, and adjusted their boundaries in some cases. - but I do admit I made some of these changes before fully understanding the need for marked parking lots. I apologise if some of these changes appear to be in error.

As for one-way streets, I don't believe I've changed a single one to the other way, except for the street I live on, which is incorrectly mapped in every mapping application *except* Waze now.
legoguy
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
xdarkhorsex wrote:I haven't tried pm'ing him, not sure how to
Click on the User Control Panel link above and then on the Private messages tab.

Where are you searching for the AM's name?
OldGnome
Send a message