Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Level 5 editors locking up roads

Post by
In the Burleson Texas area I have noticed a lot of roads that have been locked up by level 5 wazers that can detrimental to creating a more accurate picture of the surrounding area. Is there a way to petition a lock on a segment so the proper adjustments can be made?

POSTER_ID:8892826

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Gas station landmark will not suppress missing road errors.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
AndyPoms wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Gas station landmark will not suppress missing road errors.
Experience shows that they do...
Well, cool then. Rock on. :mrgreen:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Gas station landmark will not suppress missing road errors.
Experience shows that they do...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by argus-cronos
Re: How to handle The roads are too far apart ... problem?
by sagi on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:33 pm

Parking Lot roads, Parking Lot landmarks and gas station landmarks, all suppress the creation of map problems. If you think that are more road types or landmark types that should have this effect, please let us know.
According to this it should :?:
argus-cronos
Send a message

CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by claucrespo
I live and drive like crazy here in Barranquilla, Colombia, I've tried to edit a lot of places with over 6 reports on the same "turn" or "road" which I drive my self every day, however way too many segments locked by 5+ editors.

I want to help, but I don't have time to ask for unlocks each time, I know the area here and many people is not using waze anymore because it has become an annoyance with so many recalculations and wrong driving directions, tourists are complaining that they are getting tickets by making wrong turns.

Please unlock the city, or at least get someone with level 5 clearance to take a look at the area, there are so many reports for the same thing on the same place on so many different dates that it could not be more obvious what you need to fix even if the description is in spanish

Also the road 90A which leads to Cartagena is getting expanded/split into a double roadway and the segments are being moved 500 meters from the original track, so that needs to be unlocked because right now waze asks tourists to get through an old high risk road, which adds 3 hours of dangerous driving just because there is a missing junction in the new highway.

Thanks for your help, hopefully with the help of all waze can be what it once was on this area
claucrespo
Send a message

Post by Daknife
But before you go too crazy please define: "creating a more accurate picture of the surrounding area." If you mean editing the roads to add new roads and getting it so routing is working accurately, go for it. If you mean making the maps look like the google maps, stop. Go to the wiki and read the editing guidelines. We don't split roads because they are split on Google, we don't design intersections like google does.

The reason I say this is that those level 5 locks may be there for a few different reasons, first they may have been locked when the editors in question were lower levels and you needed to lock roads to keep the system from changing the edits. Or they may have been locked because other editors have tried to "create a more accurate picture" in ways that violated the editing guidelines and after spending some time fixing the edits, they locked the roads to prevent the changes from happening again. So make sure you understand how things are supposed to be done before you go asking for unlocks.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
I found the area I think you are discussing. It looks like those locks are just incidental, and there should be no problem with any unlock request.

But you need to finish your roads and this set of roads are un-needed and should be entirely deleted. There is no need to pave a road all around the building. Waze will get any driver to the building just fine.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
Claucrespo, file an unlock request with permalink to the specific area, and CM's with ROTW rights should respond. As them to just clear the area of locks and if it is warranted they will do the unlocks.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
Those small parking lot errors are system errors that occur because someone has left the road, and Waze interpreted it as a disconnected or missing road. They should be simply marked as solved and move on. Paving a road all around a single building is not necessary, and it exceeds the current editing guidelines. A single lane into the parking lot is acceptable. The rest is not. AND that cluster of roads is worthless anyway because it is not yet complete recently some unfinished roads were appearing in the client but that is not the standard and normally they will not appear in the client and are not routeable. Further the person who created the linked parkinglot should have linked the roads to the existing cross road, not created a new junction. As that is currently drawn Waze will not route a left turn into that parking lot, they will be taken past the location, told to make a U-turn and then turn right into the lot.

Also those UR's at gas stations will be eliminated by placing Gas Station Landmarks set to cover the entire gas station (but not snapped to the surrounding roads).
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint