Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby bgodette » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:07 am

mssusa wrote:BTW, is the speed data retained when you split a segment? In one or both segments? How about when you join an old segment to a newly created one and remove the junction to make a longer segment?
Yes, both, averaged.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mssusa » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:54 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bz2012 wrote:Possible fix for:
"Highlighted segment has been extended beyond the allowed distance"

The workarounds have been documented for quite some time: http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_ ... _the_limit

Just splitting the segment is enough because then there are new segments with start/end points instead of an original segment with an end point moved too far.

BTW, is the speed data retained when you split a segment? In one or both segments? How about when you join an old segment to a newly created one and remove the junction to make a longer segment? This is important when mapping freeways out of scattered client paved roads.

If not, then the best option is to extend a little, save then extended a little more and so on.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby mssusa » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:35 am

Kuhlkatz wrote:...
My biggest single gripe is the geometry nodes. The old solid square nodes contrasted much better, and was much more visible when located near or on top of segment joins.
I don't mind them being round, but no fill vs filled should be considered as a preference setting. Currently the nodes hide very well when zoomed out far enough.

I second that. In addition, the landmarks layer is either conflicting with the highlighting tool or becoming more and more of a b* on Chrome. I always turn it off, but when I add a single landmark it automatically goes on and from then onwards nothing is selectable/editable even if I turn it back off. I have to reload.

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby bgodette » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:00 pm

mssusa wrote:
bgodette wrote:
cristianfraser wrote:It'd be nice if we could add house numbers to more than one segment of a street.
How do you propose it distributes the numbers, especially if the segments are different lengths, or cover different lengths of ranges?

You can because you have each segment's length. However, it is too much of a bother.
No, you can't. Say you've got 5 segments selected that cover the ranges 100-400, but they're all different lengths. Do you distribute based on length, segments, or ???
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mssusa » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:42 pm

bgodette wrote:
cristianfraser wrote:It'd be nice if we could add house numbers to more than one segment of a street.
How do you propose it distributes the numbers, especially if the segments are different lengths, or cover different lengths of ranges?

You can because you have each segment's length. However, it is too much of a bother.

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby mssusa » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:56 am

bgodette wrote:Cause a wazeModel update and that clears. It's indeterminate data from modified segments that's cleared by refreshing the wazeModel (F5/Permalink/Panning far enough/zooming far enough).

When I run into one of those it is usually too late for a reload; I usually have tens of edits unsaved. I simply highlight the segment and set its level properly then keep working. The only viable option (which I never tried) is panning.
Anyway, this never happened to me before, but I'm finding it often now.

BTW, did they fix the problems with segment properties fields in Chrome? Or did I just get used to it?

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jasonh300 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:56 pm

mssusa wrote:
bz2012 wrote:I submitted a report to support along with a link to our conversation.

Had something like this for a while in the intl server in my last session (3 hours until a few minutes ago). No more unknown type available and the direction arrows in the drop down list were displayed as html escape codes for special characters.
The arrows are fixed now, but I haven't paid attention to the Unknown type.

Time to sleep :(

Yeah, I saw a screenshot of the weird coding in the support forum. That was a glitch, unrelated to the unavailability of unknown.
jasonh300

Postby mssusa » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:52 pm

bz2012 wrote:I submitted a report to support along with a link to our conversation.

Had something like this for a while in the intl server in my last session (3 hours until a few minutes ago). No more unknown type available and the direction arrows in the drop down list were displayed as html escape codes for special characters.
The arrows are fixed now, but I haven't paid attention to the Unknown type.

Time to sleep :(

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Timbones » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:32 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:It's happening to me on Chrome/Win7.

Me too :(

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Kuhlkatz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:58 pm

xtago wrote:At times you can enter the names and click on apply it might not take on the new name details on a segment, then needing to have the details reentered and clicking on apply again, I've had the details dropped a handful of times and fewer still dropped 2 or 3 times.

If the city and street names are part of a drop-down list, the only surefire way is to mouse over the one you want, and and press the tab key.
If you just click on the one you want, the details are not always updated in the text box.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor