Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by enhket
4000 new kms a day?
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8

Post by enhket
that is how it is in real life, is not it? anyways, think of yourself about it. If you are editing a city, do you think that newcomers deserve to get the same points you get, knowing that the quality of your editing is better? knowing that if you are editing it, you will probably do it the right way at the first try and newcomers will probaby need a person like you to fix a lot of issues because they screwed up the map when they tried to edit it? True, they won't be happy about catching up, but you spent 2-3 years of your time here, aren't they (at least) supposed to spend the same amount of time in order to catch you up?
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Christopher C. Enhket

Post by enhket
you can if you sum up candies points + editing. Editing from 8am-to 3am. You can get up to 17k only from candies if you do that. Thats extreme and i think you can get 150k (weekly) from such practices. All of this with ET, obviously. Also, you arent considering that there are people who got private scripts which will create a junction everytime that 2 segments cross (i think there was a youtube video about it) in order to speed up building places. that aside, the most of people focus on ET only, and i think that there are a few scripts that none knows and speed up the editing experience a lot. that is why i say that the problem is not ET or scripts, it is the ranking.

edit: you are right, i hope they do have a back up. picture the italian issue happening in the world :?
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Christopher C. Enhket

Post by enhket
:shock: my intention was never to be seen that way fvwazing.
fvwazing wrote: Second: I do not KNOW if the quality of my editing is better. Given that I do not know the area where I am editing (apart from the mainstreets, maybe) local editors - even if they are newcomers - know details that no amount of research could bring to me.
True, but waze champs are supposed to be mentors (or close to it). If i had a problem with a map, i would ask a champ about it.
fvwazing wrote:Third: even if I do a lot of things better than a newcomer I screw up parts of the map, regularly. Even if I am 99% right most of the time - I make dozens of errors per day. Fixing my own errors, coming back after a few weeks and collect the URs is an important part of the work.

Fourth: As there are more and more newcomers it is a growing effort to correct their errors - and give feedback to those newcomers, mentor them, make them better. Only that way they will stop doing it wrong, they will make less errors, they will start to correct each other. What is more effective: you, alone, battling against 100 newcomers or you and a handfull of dedicated editors helping the ones that are not that far? As long as an editor does it right MOST of the time the quality of the map improves.
I am not sure if waze champs have the chance to check someone's history. But if you check my edits, you will see that i have finished a lot of cities, properly. Also, i made a thread for all of them and i have asked people to report errors so we can get the most accurate thing possible. I do regularly help people and guide them in the latin american subforums, you can check them out to make sure. I mean, i do believe in teamwork.
fvwazing wrote:Fifth: This is a game. A game is not a battle. In a game it is important that all participants are happy. I cannot shrug and think it is okay if the majority of editors are unhappy. Remember, we need a LOT of editors.
Sixth: I do not really care how long a Wazer is wazing. After *some* time, after participating in the forum, most of the rules are known to them and they are partners.
can you picture it when there are no maps to edit? what will newcomers do? delete the current ones? In my hs/college times, i used to play a lot of online games. There were games that i got the chance to try since the very beggining and there was a common thing, which was it turns into a ranking thing after a few years and none cares about the good things of it anymore. Hackers get to take a big place in the community and finally get you to quit because you cant stand it anymore.
fvwazing wrote:Most of all I find your opening remark ("that is how it is in real life, is not it?") hard to swallow. This may get personal, but if all your remarks reflect your stance in life it gives me the impression that you are a careerist, someone who measures the value of others (be it colleagues in your work or co-players in Waze) by the amount of wealth/points they collected. I myself try to see the opportunities, the chances, the potential in people.

To me, this shows that you are no champs-material, enhket.
i cant help but feel annoyed about this. First off, my employees got nothing to do with waze, and as extra info, they get treated properly. I do even treat you the same way how i do treat a newcomer. I cant careless about your waze champ status (even though i respect a lot to champs who guided me at the beggining of my waze adventure) and this is not up to you to decide if i am champ material or not. You can ask any country manager in Central/South America about how many roads i made in order to connect more than 4 countries (4000+ kms) and i got absolutly no point for doing so. I made roads in Argentina to connect the North and the South, and i got no points for it. Guess what? that will help people to route in Latin America from country to country when they couldnt do it before. I am not asking for someone to thank me, just did bring it up because of what you said. Ask support to check my points history, 3 weeks ago, i was lucky if i did break the 30k mark per week.

That said, and before i move on. I wanted to tell you that i find it super unfair to get judged the way you did. Moreover, seeing that you are champ, you are supposed to guide me if you think that i am wrong. Now, it is true, i did promote ET, but in a good way. Excuse me, but if it will take me 2 hours to click every segment just to change the name, when i could do the same on ET in 20-30 mins at the same quality, then yes, i am going to use ET. If it comes to promoting ET in order to make points with no quality, then i dont promote it.

Finally, my ideas about the ranking were never intended to abuse it. I think of how it is going to be in 2-3 years from now, and i see everything related to points. wwwnnnado is a search engine (advertising). So you can see how the ranking is becoming spammed. If it was up to me, there should be no ranking because it is not any good. Anyways, going to back to edit. Working on an island which i do regularly visit on holidays.
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Christopher C. Enhket

Post by floppyrod84
Some of us are real editors and miss the days when we actually saw ourselves on the scoreboard at all!
Those tools can be used for good but only in exceptional circumstances (like smudges).
I don't see the fascination in points anyway, its a satnav. When points can be exchanged for pennies, then I'll be more inclined to change my mind ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
The simple fact is, no-one editing/driving gets 100,000 points in a week using Waze. It's damn near impossible.
When I was unemployed, I was editing near on 12 hours a day and I didn't come close to that amount. 65-70k I think, maybe a little bit more. It is 100% impossible to earn 100k in a day unless you have some system set up, but what the hell for? Seriously!

It's one thing to cheat a system, but when it does nothing for your social or monetary standing, what is the point?!

Until Waze do something about it, I think we should just quit bitching. It's their product at the end of the day that will be ruined when people become L5 editors in a matter of days and delete entire countries.

Let's hope they have a backup!
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Talk about a comeback, but very well put :-)
You've either got the right stuff or not, and as you said, elitism just won't cut it here.
Points stopped bothering me after I had finished editing the island I live on which took around a month.
Yeah it got me a lot of points but I was more thinking "this will actually stop giving me crap instructions and help others out too". Coming from OSM helped with the community spirit, so it's in my blood so to speak.

But you either got it, or you haven't. And if you haven't, you'll become addicted enough that you do.

/hates points whores

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
One save was one lot of points in cartouche? Didn't know that!
Maybe that's why my points are lower than other editors who joined after when WME started? Not that I care.

I'd gladly surrender my ranking and even points if it stops people doing bugger all editing for points, but it really does make you wonder what kind of lives these people live if points on a satnav is the be all and end all.

I mean, most of us with high points already know we don't have lives outside Waze (or little), why *make* yourself look like OCD suffering map editing freak like us lot? LOL

As I said, I could understand cheating if there were any real benefits (monetary or materialistic) but a scoreboard on an app that most people don't give two effs about? Really? Get yourself a life!

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Oh God not the Facebook users!.....

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
I know, I was there ;-)
None of this easy roundabout stuff they have now.
Most of the people here don't know what they've missed...

floppyrod84
Send a message