Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze + Parrot Asteroid Map problem

Post by spiderknight
Hello. Love Waze, however it is causing a weird issue with my Parrot Asteroid head unit. The head unit is an Android device (1.5) that has google Maps, Tune-in and a few others.

My favorite mode of operation is to have Waze running on my android phone (galaxy s3 US ATT) to give me live updates on traffic and stuff as well as define my route. I have Google Maps running on the Parrot Asteroid which gives me a visual bird's eye of the traffic in the local area. Together, it is a nice combo.

Now the problem. The update frequency or protocol used by Waze interferes with the map updates on the Parrot Asteroid. "Not Waze's problem" you might say, but the issue does not exist with any other app (including Google Navigation running on the phone). The map app works fine on the Parrot under all circumstances except when Waze is running.

I can stream bluetooth from Pandora, answer calls, run Google Navigation on the phone and still the map app on the Asteroid runs fine. Only Waze interrupts it.

Any ideas?
spiderknight

POSTER_ID:9898489

Send a message