Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Newbie is confused about adding stops

Post by DonateBlood
I love Waze, thank you!

I would like to set up a favorite trip which includes all my usual stops on the way home from work, but I'm not sure how to do this, and haven't had much luck searching the forums or the wiki. Hopefully someone here can help.

I'd like to set up a trip from work-->school-->drop kid at activity-->home. Do I need to set this up when I'm sitting in my car, still at work, or can I do it from home?

Thanks in advance!
DonateBlood

POSTER_ID:12355911

Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
That's not how it works. Again, do not give misleading information. You have warned about this more times than I care to remember.

OP, if you do this drive every day, or fairly regularly, Waze 'may' ask if you are going to one of these places.
Generally it will ask you either home or work depending on the time of day or based on your location. It CAN give other options but...

Waze currently cannot route to more than one stop, so coffee on the way to work, or shopping on the way home, etc.

A solution could be to save those locations as favourites so you can access them easier. Simply swipe and tap.

It's not what you asked for but without multi stop routing it's all we have at the moment.

Waze can take a while to learn destinations but it has to be regular, at around the same time, does not include stops and does not unlearn (that annoyed me).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by orbitc
Hi There,
You can do it couple ways:
1- You can manually set each destination and give it a name like work, school etc.
2- You can also do this while you are at the location. you can use your current location and add it to your favorites.

Here is the BEST part. Waze could recognize your location and suggest the next route.

You need to make sure you enable (TURN ON) this option whithin the Waze's settings.

Waze: SETTINGS>ADVANCED>AUTO LEARN ROUTES TO FREQUENT DESTINATIONS.

Enjoy :) :) :)
orbitc
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
OK...Not quite adding stop but...
Based on my experience this is how it works for me:

First: Let's say you already setup Waze with your favorite destinations like Work, DD (Dunkin Donuts), Home and School.

In the morning when you turn on Waze it will ask you if you like to go to your first stop -let's say- school. When when you arrive at your first destination, Waze will say you arrived at school and it will end that route. Obviously, you will turn off your car and Waze to go in the store to get your morning -needed- java and when you go back to your car and start your engine and your Waze. It will -it should- ask if you like to go to your second destination -let's say- school. Same thing for the 3rd destination. This will continue as you establish a regular schedule for a few days.

That means you might have to manually pick those location from your favorites for the first few days. After that though, you should be good to go.

I cannot promise that would work for you perfectly as you wanted but it works for me for 6 destinations each day.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!