The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Web Live Map not so live?

Post by m_nicolazzo
Why Live Map on the web does not show recent updates, even when those updates are already shown in waze app on my phone?
m_nicolazzo

POSTER_ID:12061084

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
jasonh300 wrote:Were those roads created by paving, or were they drawn into the editor manually?
Heads up... those roads are in Italy, which is still locked up...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by jasonh300
There are numerous discussions about liveMap not updating throughout the forums. It hasn't updated in 6 months on the NA server. However, it is still current with routing, just not display of streets. You'll have to do some searching of the forums to get the details on that.

I did just get this message:
Jonypony wrote:Hi guys,

A quick message to inform you that there's a delay in the tile-build in the Livemap due to a large update we're preforming in our systems.
This will NOT affect the client and WME updates, which will remain frequent.
Once the process is complete, the Livemap will update in conjunction with the client & WME.

-Yonatan :mrgreen:
As far as roads not appearing in the client, there are no currently known issues of that sort. Please post specific examples (client screenshots) and the corresponding permalinks from the editor.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Were those roads created by paving, or were they drawn into the editor manually?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AndyPoms wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:Were those roads created by paving, or were they drawn into the editor manually?
Doesn't matter...m_nicolazzo has editing rights in Italy.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
m_nicolazzo wrote:
I don't remember exactly. I think that they were created by paving initially, and then have been adjusted in the editor.
Does it make any difference?
Yes, we had an issue in the NA server with some paved roads not being validated, and therefore, never making it to the client. It's since been solved for us, but I wonder if it was introduced to the World server with the new infrastructure, as the problem started for us around the time we got the new infrastructure.

I'll forward this to support.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by m_nicolazzo
nikokoren wrote:Im also wondering why the livemap does not show the full info that you can see in the client.
I would guess its due to the serverpower not beeing there, but that's just my guess...
I agree with you, having noted that too.

Moreover, not all segments are shown even in waze app on phone, some are missing, some do appear for a while, after being created, then they disappear from the map. But if you try to edit the map, those segments are there!
m_nicolazzo
Send a message

Post by m_nicolazzo
jasonh300 wrote:
As far as roads not appearing in the client, there are no currently known issues of that sort. Please post specific examples (client screenshots) and the corresponding permalinks from the editor.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
Two examples of roads not appearing in the client, selected segments on the map are not shown in the client or they are incorrectly shown (no intersection, in first example).
Please, scroll down the screenshot images.

First example:

https://it.waze.com/editor/?lon=18.1746 ... ,182765358
Screenshot_2012-12-05-11-42-12.png
First Screenshot
(220.15 KiB) Downloaded 1066 times
Second example

https://it.waze.com/editor/?lon=18.1604 ... ,181492459
Screenshot_2012-12-05-11-40-34.png
Second Screenshot
(166.17 KiB) Downloaded 1067 times
m_nicolazzo
Send a message

Post by m_nicolazzo
AndyPoms wrote:
I'm AM for that zone.
m_nicolazzo
Send a message

Post by m_nicolazzo
I don't remember exactly. I think that they were created by paving initially, and then have been adjusted in the editor.
Does it make any difference?
m_nicolazzo
Send a message