Read the forum posting instructions.

If your country has a dedicated forum for unlocks or update requests. See this thread for details first.

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST HERE

Read these rules:
1. Use this forum ONLY if your country does not have a Dedicated Forum for update requests.
2. Read the forum posting instructions.

Bryighton, MA?

Post by anthopper
In the Cities layer at the following Permalink, the City name is listed as 'Bryighton', which is a type of 'Brighton'.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-71.15 ... s=69684996

I am pretty new and have no idea what drives the city names, and subsequently, do not know how to address this issue.

Looking for help and a little insight from a more experienced map editor.

Thanks,

anthopper
anthopper

POSTER_ID:12516651

Send a message

Post by anthopper
So is the implication here that as little as a single street with a unique name in the City field will drive a change to the Cities layer?

That is good to know (provided I have that right and please correct me if I do not).

On a related note, what is the standard convention for naming cities in places like Boston where Boston proper is 'correct' throughout the city but various well established neighborhood names exist and are considered by many to be more 'correct'. I am not talking about sub-neighborhood names (e.g Adams Corner is Dorchester, but the big ones (e.g. Brighton, Allston, Dorchester, Mattapan, Roxbury, South Boston, etc)?

I've looked in the wiki, but did not find anything that seemed to provide guidance on this. If I missed it, please just let me know where to look.

Thanks,

anthopper
anthopper
Send a message

Post by harling
anthopper wrote:So is the implication here that as little as a single street with a unique name in the City field will drive a change to the Cities layer?
Yes, if it isn't caught before it is regenerated. (FTR, the PLot segment in question also was not junctioned to Beechcroft St. I took care of that while I was there.)
On a related note, what is the standard convention for naming cities in places like Boston where Boston proper is 'correct' throughout the city but various well established neighborhood names exist and are considered by many to be more 'correct'. I am not talking about sub-neighborhood names (e.g Adams Corner is Dorchester, but the big ones (e.g. Brighton, Allston, Dorchester, Mattapan, Roxbury, South Boston, etc)?
Some background for the out-of-towners: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_neighborhoods

I have left the city fields in the Boston area as-is, since the basemap presumably was provided by the Commonwealth. I suppose some day it might help disambiguate roads with the same name in different neighborhoods.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by supernovareborn
Someone named a street incorrectly and it wasn't caught before the last update. I spent probably a good 10-15mins looking for it today. I've corrected it, but we'll have to wait for the next city tiles update for the fix to be completed. Unknown if this is going to happen with the next map update or if this is a separate process (like the water tiles).
supernovareborn
Send a message
Framingham, Natick, Sudbury and surrounding areas

Post by supernovareborn
Thanks for the junction. I was trying to edit on my laptop and the touchpad can be a bit tempermental at times. I was just happy to have been able to find the segment and get it selected, lol.

*edit: I guess I should have just tried zooming in on the erroneous city name first, lol. I used the highlighting script, next time I'll do it the easy way. :oops:
supernovareborn
Send a message
Framingham, Natick, Sudbury and surrounding areas