Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Reporting an off route problem

Post by captaincinders
Hi

Today I came across a closed road (closed by the police due to - I presume an accident). I reported it, but when I had completed my report, I was traveling down a different road and it reported this road closure on the road I was currently on.....the one that was open! The report used my location at the time the reoport was sent, not when the report was started. I tried experimenting by selecting the closed road on the map, but when I hit report, it reverted to my current location.

There was no automatic reporting of problems down the road, presumabley because there was no-one actually traveling down it.....because it was closed.

I have read the manual and FAQ and searched the forums, but cannot find anything relating to this. So, long story but simple question. How do you report on a problem not at your current location? Anyone help me out please.
captaincinders

POSTER_ID:12278346

Send a message

Post by captaincinders
Thanks for your answer.

It does make sense that you would not just want anyone reporting closures anywhere, but I am a bit puzzled why there cannot be simple logic to prevent it. For example, have to be within a certain distance of the road, or, have to be on a road connected to the one being reported on.

The logic seems to leave you in a situation, as I encountered, of having a system for reporting traffic problems, that cannot report road closures....one of the worst causes of traffic problems I can think of.

Wont stop me using it though.
captaincinders
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
You cannot report something in a place other than where you are. Road closures are a known limitation of this, but it exists to prevent people from posting false or inaccurate reports all over the place.

The report you send should be based on where you hit the report button and NOT where you hit submit seconds or minutes later. If you are seeing something different, please report it in the client forum along with all details about your device and the version of Waze you are using.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by WeeeZer14
Waze WAS considering allowing us to report road closures, but apparently they ran into some issues with it. Hopefully it is still on the development roadmap somewhere.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator