Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by floppyrod84
Report the user to Waze immediately!!!
This is a downright copyright violation and he needs banned now!

Also if you Google the username, you can get an IT company address to pass onto Waze if they want to pursue him legally or pass the details onto Google themselves for using copyrighted material.

It's not Wazes fault but there are a***holes that will cause trouble like this.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Thanks Darren :-)
And to create a roundabout in cartouche, cut off your hands while whisking an egg and cooking at 190° Gas Mark 5.
It really is that bad.

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
And having to find a node just to move to the middle to create a roundabout 'from'! Stupid system it was.

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Wouldn't surprise me. If it continues, Waze will just have to IP block most of Russia. He thinks he's clever but he's going to end up messing it up for everyone there.

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Or in the middle of a sea or lake perhaps?

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Has the user been reported to Waze?

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
Everyone over 100k points per week is subject in an inquiry, enhket. This guy is a professional "search engine optimizer" with time on his hands: http://wwwnnnado.com/, playing the Waze-scoreboard like he does play google's website rankings. I doubt he is still on any list next week. Wasn't this the game you expected as you advertised ET?
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
DimanZ1 wrote:
enhket wrote: That would be cool in Waze, if you are a 600k map-edits editor, you should have an earning %, which is higher than someone who got 50k. Not sure how fair that is, but looks nice to me.
Great idea!
Let the rich get richer ever faster, right? Even being the multimillionaire I am (in Wazepoints, alas) I find that idea morally wrong. And it leaves the havenots no option but fraud if they ever want to catch up. Cheers!
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Guess what, it is even wrong when a champ does 100k+ per week. You are looking at some frauds here. Move on.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
enhket wrote:that is how it is in real life, is not it? anyways, think of yourself about it. If you are editing a city, do you think that newcomers deserve to get the same points you get, knowing that the quality of your editing is better? knowing that if you are editing it, you will probably do it the right way at the first try and newcomers will probaby need a person like you to fix a lot of issues because they screwed up the map when they tried to edit it? True, they won't be happy about catching up, but you spent 2-3 years of your time here, aren't they (at least) supposed to spend the same amount of time in order to catch you up?
This is disturbing. It is disturbing in so many ways, I do not know where to start.

[takes a deep breath]

First off: in my opinion, everybody deserves equal chances, equal points.
Second: I do not KNOW if the quality of my editing is better. Given that I do not know the area where I am editing (apart from the mainstreets, maybe) local editors - even if they are newcomers - know details that no amount of research could bring to me.
Third: even if I do a lot of things better than a newcomer I screw up parts of the map, regularly. Even if I am 99% right most of the time - I make dozens of errors per day. Fixing my own errors, coming back after a few weeks and collect the URs is an important part of the work.
Fourth: As there are more and more newcomers it is a growing effort to correct their errors - and give feedback to those newcomers, mentor them, make them better. Only that way they will stop doing it wrong, they will make less errors, they will start to correct each other. What is more effective: you, alone, battling against 100 newcomers or you and a handfull of dedicated editors helping the ones that are not that far? As long as an editor does it right MOST of the time the quality of the map improves.
Fifth: This is a game. A game is not a battle. In a game it is important that all participants are happy. I cannot shrug and think it is okay if the majority of editors are unhappy. Remember, we need a LOT of editors.
Sixth: I do not really care how long a Wazer is wazing. After *some* time, after participating in the forum, most of the rules are known to them and they are partners.

Most of all I find your opening remark ("that is how it is in real life, is not it?") hard to swallow. This may get personal, but if all your remarks reflect your stance in life it gives me the impression that you are a careerist, someone who measures the value of others (be it colleagues in your work or co-players in Waze) by the amount of wealth/points they collected. I myself try to see the opportunities, the chances, the potential in people.

To me, this shows that you are no champs-material, enhket.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1