Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Frustrations

Post by yrrabsille
I've all but given up on map editing. I fix things once in a while but I've spent countless hours editing maps in my area, often times only to find that a newby had messed it up. Lesson learned: lock it.

But more recently I've been finding roads messed up by people who out-rank me, people who live thousands of miles away. i.e. turn restrictions changed that I know were right, one-ways changed to two-ways, etc. There's even an exit that has been removed from the real world, but since the imagery still shows it, people put it back, and now the person who put it back out-ranks me and locked it, so..oh well, there it is and it doesn't even exist. One look at the GPS tracks would tell you that it's gone.

I really don't like that some people have unlimited editing rights nationwide. If you're not REAL familiar with an area, please don't touch it!
yrrabsille

POSTER_ID:1898245

Send a message

Post by ottonomy
I have found the high ranking editors on this forum to be very responsive to the posts I've made in the Unlock sub-forum of Editing. I'd suggest that until you have the rank yourself that you ask to have a segment unlocked, fix it, and then rather than locking it yourself, ask someone with a rank of 5 to lock it for you afterwords. Subsequent high-ranking editors will be less likely to come along and "fix" something that doesn't need it if they see that it was locked by someone with a lot of clout here.
ottonomy
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Country Manager & Global Champ - United States
Regional Coordinator - Southwest USA
Area Manager - Southern California

Post by rottielover
I too have found similar issues.

However, my advice is to "get to know" a level 5. That way you can PM them stuff to help you with ;) As stated above, have them unlock, you fix, and then the level 5's can lock it down again.

If "the point's don't matter" to you (you and I sound the same, want the map to be correct and who cares about points), then post an update request with permalinks and let the level 5's fix it and lock it down.

If there's one thing I've learned so far, is that there's always more map edit's to be done!
rottielover
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///9EKWfE[/img] [img]https:///ubk1Zx[/img]
Wiki Resources: Map Editing | To Do - St. Louis MO
To Do - Missouri | Missouri Mapping Resources | Missouri Forum

Post by Scorp42
I hear you and fully understand your frustrations. There is a specific CM who I wont name, but they obviously have no knowledge of my area. Be that as it may, I literally find all kinds of messed up edits all over southwest Florida. Its so bad, that right now when I see a new UR pop up in the area, the first thing I do is set highlighted to show me segments hes edited. No joke, I don't even look to see if there are bad junctions or turn restrictions first.. I looked to see what he went and fouled up.

I went from getting 2-3 URs a month, to 2-3 a DAY due to this person..

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998