Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by jasonh300
If that was somehow automatically created off of Google maps, there wouldn't have been any opportunity to get that many points. But if that IS the case, point it out to Waze and they'll cut access very quickly as its a major copyright violation and they'll be very fast to protect themselves from that sort of thing.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Sorry. Reread my Edited post because tapatalk cut half of it off.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
cherianchris wrote:I forgot how to create Roundabouts on Cartouche. Can anyone refresh my memory please?
Why?
Guess it's sort of like the desire to know how to drive a Model T Ford.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Next time you see these, report them to your nearest Champ. Don't delete them.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
TruckOttr wrote:From what I've seen of other Nazca lines, I am assuming that they (and I'm purposely using plural) are script kiddies exploiting a bug of some sort to gain permission to add routes in areas that they normally wouldn't have had permissions.
This is why it's important that you report these, rather than delete them. I tried replying to Alan's earlier post about test segments, but Tapatalk put it into the wrong forum, but I'm specifically referring to long straight red lines that look like they were paved from an airplane. I don't think there are going to be any test segments like this. If there's a username attached to that kind of thing, it needs to be turned over to the Champs so we can run a scan for more activity from that user, and if necessary, it can be reported to the Administrators.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
CMs likely even get robbed from scoring from unlock & relocks, due to editing the same segments in short succession.
Talk about an unappreciated job ;-)
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by lakeyboy
There is now a user on the Australian Waze users register, "reklama1", who has somehow racked up 161,000 points in only a couple of days. Have no idea what they are getting up to though, but I reckon it's not genuine.
lakeyboy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Proud Melburnian and Australian Country Manager.
Map edits: 322,000+ | Distance travelled: 134,050km+ | Reports made: 3660+
Join in more Australian Waze discussion on Discord!: https://discordapp.com/channels/446249570423406605

Post by OldGnome
xteejx wrote:As I said, I could understand cheating if there were any real benefits (monetary or materialistic) but a scoreboard on an app that most people don't give two effs about? Really? Get yourself a life!
I think that is the bottom-line problem. I don't think that any of the active participants around here care too much about points and rankings, but it's the activities of those who seem to care about those that can really wreak havoc.
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
xteejx wrote:Oh God not the Facebook users!
Careful. Some of us have Facebook accounts because we have kids.

:oops:
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
That's huge, but possible if you mass edit all day.
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message