Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Forum rules
Welcome to the Belgium Community forum!

Ask us any question here. Or if you want to chat with us, join the Waze BeLux Slack:

https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeopedia-files/b/be/Slack-invitation-banner.png
(click the image to join the Slack)

Waze goes crazy when data connection lost

Post by yoho
Since quite recently (I would say a week or two), I have a strange behavior in waze happening almost every time I follow a planned route (my routes being around 30 km long). I believe it happens when I'm approaching an exit or an entrance that I should take (about 1 or 2 km before).

Waze suddenly displays the spinning waze cars with the message "recalculating route", even if I'm well on track. And while this message is displayed, my car is jumping to a location where I've been a few minutes ago, then jumps back to my position, then jumps back to a few minutes before, etc... continuously. The waze text to speech also goes crazy.

If I quit waze at this moment and comes back, I usually see that data connection can not be established. If I don't quit waze, after a relatively long time (around 5 minutes), waze tells me it's unable to contact the routing server.

Did one of you already saw this behavior lately ? It's quite annoying
yoho

POSTER_ID:1454079

Send a message

Post by maantje76
On iphone I sometimes have some problems with the data connection. But that lookslike iphone related. Switching to plane mode and back restores the data connection. But this seems not exactly the same thing you experience.

Does it happen always on the same spot? If so, did you check GPS points over there?

TTS gets the voices from TTS server, with a problematic dataconnection it isn't strange TTS is giving problems..

You can always try to do a fresh install of the Waze app...
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by maantje76
yoho wrote:
maantje76 wrote:You can always try to do a fresh install of the Waze app...
I own an android device. I don't have
    frequent data connection problems.

I'd like to install fresh but do you have to remove your SD card data too ?
    You can better ask Peter for that, as he knows the Android platform better than me....
    maantje76
    Coordinators
    Coordinators
    Send a message

Post by petervdveen
    If you want a complete remove try this:
    Go to Settings -> Apps
    Then go to waze under downloaded and remove cache and app data.
    Then remove the complete app and install it again.
    petervdveen
    Coordinators
    Coordinators
    Send a message
    Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by yoho
    maantje76 wrote:You can always try to do a fresh install of the Waze app...
    I own an android device. I don't have
      frequent data connection problems.

I'd like to install fresh but do you have to remove your SD card data too ?
      yoho
      Send a message