Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

New phone, favorites are outdated

Post by dlangille
I posted in the official feedback thread: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 44#p307144

Tonight I upgraded my phone. Old = iPhone 4. New = iPhone 5

Prior to activating the new phone, I did backed up to both iCloud and to my laptop (via iTunes).

History came over fine. I'm impressed. I didn't expect that. Thanks.

When activating Waze for the first time on the new phone, it asked about favorites. I said yes. I'm not sure if the question was 'restore' or 'copy'. But what I have is an old set of favorites. They are from September or so.

Any suggestions as to how I can get the favorites in the old phone over to the new phone?
dlangille

POSTER_ID:3448967

Send a message
--
Dan Langille
Area Manager - Warrington, PA

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I believe it is a known (or recurring) issue that the favorites stored online still include all the favorites you've deleted, which are then restored on fresh install. I am unaware of a fix for this at this time.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
dlangille wrote:It seems that there is a maximum number of favorites displayed on the list. Delete one, a new one appears. Presumably until you reach the display limit.
I wasn't aware there was a limit, though it makes some sense there would be one. 150 seems a little low, though....
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by CBenson
Well, what qualifies as a new install? I just got a new phone and the favorites haven't downloaded to it.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Mine have in the past as well when I've had to wipe waze off the phone. I'm just trying to figure out what the mileage is based on for it to vary here.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by dlangille
Attempting to resolve the issue, I removed Waze from the iPhone 5. I then added Waze again. Yes, it brought back favorites, but not the same favorites as found on my iPhone 4.

Why would two phones, both logged into the same account, have different lists of favorites?
dlangille
Send a message
--
Dan Langille

Post by dlangille
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I believe it is a known (or recurring) issue that the favorites stored online still include all the favorites you've deleted, which are then restored on fresh install. I am unaware of a fix for this at this time.
Ahh.

OK. So if I go to my favorites (on the new phone):

* scroll to the bottom
* click on edit
* delete the last one
* click on done
* click on back
* click on favorites
* scroll to the bottom

I see a new favorite at the bottom.

It seems that there is a maximum number of favorites displayed on the list. Delete one, a new one appears. Presumably until you reach the display limit.

HTH.
dlangille
Send a message
--
Dan Langille

Post by dlangille
OH, you know you're displaying all your favorites when the last entry in the list is:

+ Add new favorite
dlangille
Send a message
--
Dan Langille

Post by dmcconachie
Mirarkitty wrote:I run Waze on three devices (two phones, one pad). They all have their own list of favourites.

I have no idea how to make it into one list of favourites...
You can't really. Favourites are only downloaded once on a new install, they are not synced. Yet.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
CBenson wrote:Well, what qualifies as a new install? I just got a new phone and the favorites haven't downloaded to it.
Mine always have with each new device/ROM/install - which probably covers between 30-50 events in the last year. I only have about 10 though.

Clearly YMMV.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status