How to get 97,000 points in one day

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: How to get 97,000 points in one day

Postby steveningelbrecht » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:13 am

I would also like to know how the hell he did that...
I'm registered since 3 months and trying very hard, but am only on 50k edits and 250k points... And am editing multiple hours a day...
Image Image
Waze Champ - Country Manager Belgium
Image Image Image Image
steveningelbrecht
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby TruckOttr » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:44 am

Managed to find a few tracks from our champion on points wwwnnnado.
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&l ... TTTTTTTTFT
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&l ... =182408293
Other than the damage of this map can not be named. His rank editing 1. He probably did not even edit the map. But gets a day to 250000 points.

I edit in very remote areas (Nevada) and have been running across weird Nazca line roads just like these. I have been deleting them as they appear. I guess now I know why they keep appearing. I wonder how many other remote areas that aren't being actively monitored have these Nazca line roads?
ImageImage
Hayward, CA, Reno/Sparks, NV, Elko/Spring Creek, NV and apparently the N. NV section of Portola Valley, CA. :-)
TruckOttr

Postby TruckOttr » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:19 am

From what I've seen of other Nazca lines, I am assuming that they (and I'm purposely using plural) are script kiddies exploiting a bug of some sort to gain permission to add routes in areas that they normally wouldn't have had permissions.

My guess is that they are using a script that draws a road then deletes it. Lather, rinse and repeat until you appear on the top of the point list.

The lines I've seen have definitely not been test or example lines. They're always straight as an arrow and very long with maybe one or two slight bends and never any junctions. They're always also red, with no information filled in.

Since I've started routinely deleting them, the rate of re-appearance has diminished. I'm going to assume they've figured out someone is monitoring the area and have decided that it wasn't remote enough anymore and have moved on to an even remoter area. Say Northern Canada or Outer Siberia.
ImageImage
Hayward, CA, Reno/Sparks, NV, Elko/Spring Creek, NV and apparently the N. NV section of Portola Valley, CA. :-)
TruckOttr

Postby TruckOttr » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Yep. I'll start reporting them.
ImageImage
TruckOttr

Postby TruckOttr » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:33 pm

Edits for a user who is racking up that many points should be visible *somewhere* in that country. That's a lot of edits.
ImageImage
TruckOttr

Postby TruckOttr » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:38 am

That user needs to be reported.
ImageImage
TruckOttr

Postby xteejx » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:05 am

Some of us are real editors and miss the days when we actually saw ourselves on the scoreboard at all!
Those tools can be used for good but only in exceptional circumstances (like smudges).
I don't see the fascination in points anyway, its a satnav. When points can be exchanged for pennies, then I'll be more inclined to change my mind ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
xteejx

Postby xteejx » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:36 pm

The simple fact is, no-one editing/driving gets 100,000 points in a week using Waze. It's damn near impossible.
When I was unemployed, I was editing near on 12 hours a day and I didn't come close to that amount. 65-70k I think, maybe a little bit more. It is 100% impossible to earn 100k in a day unless you have some system set up, but what the hell for? Seriously!

It's one thing to cheat a system, but when it does nothing for your social or monetary standing, what is the point?!

Until Waze do something about it, I think we should just quit bitching. It's their product at the end of the day that will be ruined when people become L5 editors in a matter of days and delete entire countries.

Let's hope they have a backup!
xteejx

Postby xteejx » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 pm

Talk about a comeback, but very well put :-)
You've either got the right stuff or not, and as you said, elitism just won't cut it here.
Points stopped bothering me after I had finished editing the island I live on which took around a month.
Yeah it got me a lot of points but I was more thinking "this will actually stop giving me crap instructions and help others out too". Coming from OSM helped with the community spirit, so it's in my blood so to speak.

But you either got it, or you haven't. And if you haven't, you'll become addicted enough that you do.

/hates points whores

xteejx

Postby xteejx » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:26 pm

One save was one lot of points in cartouche? Didn't know that!
Maybe that's why my points are lower than other editors who joined after when WME started? Not that I care.

I'd gladly surrender my ranking and even points if it stops people doing bugger all editing for points, but it really does make you wonder what kind of lives these people live if points on a satnav is the be all and end all.

I mean, most of us with high points already know we don't have lives outside Waze (or little), why *make* yourself look like OCD suffering map editing freak like us lot? LOL

As I said, I could understand cheating if there were any real benefits (monetary or materialistic) but a scoreboard on an app that most people don't give two effs about? Really? Get yourself a life!

xteejx

PreviousNext

Return to Ranks and Points