How to get 97,000 points in one day

Moderator: Unholy

Re: How to get 97,000 points in one day

Postby floppyrod84 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:44 am

Wouldn't surprise me. If it continues, Waze will just have to IP block most of Russia. He thinks he's clever but he's going to end up messing it up for everyone there.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

How to get 97,000 points in one day

Postby fvwazing » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:47 am

That is fast - considering he has to drive first and wait for an editable area. Or did he open a backup-account in advance? (And asked for AM-rights even).
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby TruckOttr » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:19 am

From what I've seen of other Nazca lines, I am assuming that they (and I'm purposely using plural) are script kiddies exploiting a bug of some sort to gain permission to add routes in areas that they normally wouldn't have had permissions.

My guess is that they are using a script that draws a road then deletes it. Lather, rinse and repeat until you appear on the top of the point list.

The lines I've seen have definitely not been test or example lines. They're always straight as an arrow and very long with maybe one or two slight bends and never any junctions. They're always also red, with no information filled in.

Since I've started routinely deleting them, the rate of re-appearance has diminished. I'm going to assume they've figured out someone is monitoring the area and have decided that it wasn't remote enough anymore and have moved on to an even remoter area. Say Northern Canada or Outer Siberia.
ImageImage
Hayward, CA, Reno/Sparks, NV, Elko/Spring Creek, NV and apparently the N. NV section of Portola Valley, CA. :-)
TruckOttr

Postby floppyrod84 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Or in the middle of a sea or lake perhaps?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Postby jasonh300 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:24 pm

TruckOttr wrote:From what I've seen of other Nazca lines, I am assuming that they (and I'm purposely using plural) are script kiddies exploiting a bug of some sort to gain permission to add routes in areas that they normally wouldn't have had permissions.

This is why it's important that you report these, rather than delete them. I tried replying to Alan's earlier post about test segments, but Tapatalk put it into the wrong forum, but I'm specifically referring to long straight red lines that look like they were paved from an airplane. I don't think there are going to be any test segments like this. If there's a username attached to that kind of thing, it needs to be turned over to the Champs so we can run a scan for more activity from that user, and if necessary, it can be reported to the Administrators.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana or Mississippi Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby TruckOttr » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Yep. I'll start reporting them.
ImageImage
Hayward, CA, Reno/Sparks, NV, Elko/Spring Creek, NV and apparently the N. NV section of Portola Valley, CA. :-)
TruckOttr

Postby HesTNTonPMS » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:13 pm

I don't care about the points, I just like the GPS, I think it is awesome, I do enough traveling
Wheels can take you around, wheels can cut you down, we can go from boom to bust,from dreams to a bowl of dust, we can go from rockets red glare down to brother can we stand, Another war, another wasteland, another . . . . .
Lost generation.
HesTNTonPMS

Postby lakeyboy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:46 pm

There is now a user on the Australian Waze users register, "reklama1", who has somehow racked up 161,000 points in only a couple of days. Have no idea what they are getting up to though, but I reckon it's not genuine.
ImageImageImage
Proud Melburnian and Australian Country Manager.
Map edits: 273,200+ | Distance travelled: 55,120km+ | Reports made: 1780+
Waze Australia Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WazeAustralia
lakeyboy
Australia Waze Champs
Australia Waze Champs

Re: Re: How to get 97,000 points in one day

Postby dmcconachie » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:30 pm

lakeyboy wrote:There is now a user on the Australian Waze users register, "reklama1", who has somehow racked up 161,000 points in only a couple of days. Have no idea what they are getting up to though, but I reckon it's not genuine.

The Israeli server is in the process of being merged with World which is resulting in a few users' total scores showing in weekly totals. Just ignore them for the moment. If you do think it's suspicious raise it with a CM to check out.

via tapatalk
dmcconachie • UK Country Admin • Forum Moderator • Former Global Champ
Nexus 4 • Android 4.3
UK WikiFB PageForum FAQCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby DimanZ1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:26 pm

reklama1 is the Russian word. More than sure that this is now wwwnnnado emulates their routes to Australia.
ImageImage
350K km with Waze
Country Manager Russia
DimanZ1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Ranks and Points