These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by ranrinc
I have the same problem.. previously it fixed by itself and yesterday upgrade to the next version and the off center is back.. :cry:
ranrinc
Send a message

Post by Scorp42
I just pulled the trigger on an AVH-P8400BH. I was going to buy a nav unit, but this thing was cheaper and allows me to use the NAV I like (Waze!)

I emailed Waze support asking if appradio was going to be supported longterm as a "first class feature" (ie, tested and fixed when new versions of Waze or IOS are released) and haven't heard back from them. I'm hoping I didn't just make a $700 mistake.

We should start an appradio section in this forum.. since there are 5 or 6 headunits from pioneer, and 4-5 from JVC that can do the app integration thing!
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by Scorp42
I haven't been able to figure out a rhyme or reason for this, however sometimes it displays perfectly. Sometimes its displayed maybe 1.5 inches off center making the app nearly impossible to use.

We should try to get pictures of it being offcenter and post them here. Then submit a bug report to Waze with this thread in reference.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by Scorp42
Nice find!

Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by Scorp42
As of todays update, the keyboard and scrolling issues should be fixed.

As a beta tester, I'm not really sure what I'm allowed to say about upcoming changes in the client.. so I haven't posted here a lot. But let me take a moment and help squelch a few concerns:

Waze appears to be taking appradio support pretty seriously. I just joined the iOS beta team, and within days of my posting about the keyboard issues, or the scrolling issues.. it was fixed and available in the betas.

They don't seem to say too much here, and.. as I said.. I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say.. but please know they are working on it. And they do take our feedback seriously.

If you guys find any "appradio" issues in this new version (3.6) please let me know so I I can get it tested for myself, and get a proper bug report written for the Waze team.

Happy driving!
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by Scorp42
The speedometer works for me. However, I have run into the steretched screen issue before. Haven't been able to determine a cause. What I do know is that when the dispatch is stretched, I don't see the "appradio" screen on the phone. Its almost as if the display is just being mirrored. Usually force quit / restart app fixes it. Ive been trying to find steps to reliably reproduce the issue, as that is hugely helpful for Waze to identify and fix the problem.

Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by Scorp42
I use an avh-p8400bh

If you go into settings and scroll all the way down, you should see an option to use waze with a supported head unit. Make sure that is on (may need to restart app)
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by subaruCool
Hi. I have exactly the same issue with Iphone 4 but it works correctly in Iphone 4S. Did you solve the problem?
subaruCool
Send a message

Post by treggo
I have a first Gen App radio and iphone 4s, same issue. hope they fix this soon. troubling.
treggo
Send a message

Post by UnknownDan
Pioneer AVH 8400 owner here with the same issue.
UnknownDan
Send a message