Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by deeggo
the-letz wrote:no fix for my problem?
I'm just guessing: it looks like a network issue. Maybe try another network? Is your network perhaps using a proxy that's causing problems? I have no idea other than that.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by Den_in_USA
FasterThanYours wrote:HTC EVO 3D Leaving Major notices on the screen

So everyone gets these pop ups when driving, which might I add are so freaking annoying, but from time to time the pop ups with a traffic alert won't go away. Half of the alert stays over top of the Navigation Directions at the top of the screen. It's really annoying and the only way to remove it is to stop and start the program, which cause the extra nightmare of relaunching your navigation.
Those pop-ups are the single most annoying problem during my drive every day. PLEASE, at least have a box in the menu where we can disable!
Den_in_USA
Send a message
Software Test Designer, CareFusion
T-Mobile| Dell Streak 5| Android 2.2.2

Post by Den_in_USA
FasterThanYours wrote:
Den_in_USA wrote:
Those pop-ups are the single most annoying problem during my drive every day. PLEASE, at least have a box in the menu where we can disable!
Preach it brother!
Let me expand on this issue. Other people who do not use Waze ride with me in my car. My Dell Streak 5 phone has a 5 inch screen and is mounted in the middle of my dashboad. Before the pop-ups appear, they are very impressed with my navigation app. Once the pop-ups appear, they start talking about how they like their app better. Recently, Waze started to sell advertising icons that appear on the map. The more people that install and use Waze, the more money can be generated through advertising. Waze is a great concept. But you need to remove anything that could discourage its use. There, now I have preached it!
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
FasterThanYours wrote:I agree...I really don't care if the Dunkin Donuts is up the street from my house, I know it's there. I pass it everyday. I really could care less about finding them when out of town too. I'd like to know where Starbucks is, but then if I search for Starbucks (without the local city/state) I get hits from everywhere. How does the search function not know where I am? Really lol
I seen an "R" icon on my map advertising a Ramada Inn, 60 miles away! They need to have these adds only appear if you are driving in the area and are at a zoomed in level. Also, I think Waze should display the "zoom" level on-screen.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
atfreddy wrote:First, this app is amazing. I just report some bugs that occured to me.
Second, pardon my english.
1) I was just driving and at a certain point the app told me to turn right but i decided to go straight. (Note: I've enable the option in sound -> instruction level -> the 3rd one) Then waze goes sound loop 'to turn right in that specified street' with the 'please wait animation' that goes in and out. I've to close the app and launch it again.
2) Score updating is really buggy and sometimes profile page is not avaible (blank page) (I've checked my connection and I'm 100% sure everything on my side is ok)
3) Volume is generally pretty low compared to other apps.

My android terminal: arc s latest official sony firmware.
I hope this report will help you in some way.
Thanks for your time and patience and good luck with your projects ;-)
My volume is also lower in this release. In the past, I set my media volume up halfway, now I need to set it higher.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
Before I start my drive to work, I press "Reports", "Traffic Jams' then "Later". This puts the traffic icon on my screen for later use. This is helpful, however, I would like to be able to have a permanant "Heavy Traffic", "Car on Side of Road" and "Police" on my screen. Further, if I press one of the icons, it should send the report without having to press "Send". This way all three icons would stay on my screen for my whole trip.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
CBenson wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:
Den_in_USA wrote:Before I start my drive to work, I press "Reports", "Traffic Jams' then "Later". This puts the traffic icon on my screen for later use. This is helpful, however, I would like to be able to have a permanant "Heavy Traffic", "Car on Side of Road" and "Police" on my screen. Further, if I press one of the icons, it should send the report without having to press "Send". This way all three icons would stay on my screen for my whole trip.
+1
And I say it would be great if we could select ourselves which icons we want on the map (a selection of 3 or 4 shortlinks among all possibles).
I'm confused. If you press "Reports", "Traffic Jams" and then "Later" while in your driveway, when you ultimately complete the report, doesn't the pin for the jam show in your driveway?
No, when you press "Later" it just puts a shortcut for traffic reports on your screen. When you press that shortcut icon, it first stores your present location and the time, then you select "Heavy Traffic, then finally you press "Send". I just want to do the whole sequence for "Heavy Traffic" without even needing to press "Send".
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
CBenson wrote:
Den_in_USA wrote:
CBenson wrote:I'm confused. If you press "Reports", "Traffic Jams" and then "Later" while in your driveway, when you ultimately complete the report, doesn't the pin for the jam show in your driveway?
No, when you press "Later" it just puts a shortcut for traffic reports on your screen. When you press that shortcut icon, it first stores your present location and the time, then you select "Heavy Traffic, then finally you press "Send". I just want to do the whole sequence for "Heavy Traffic" without even needing to press "Send".
This is not how Hazard and Police reports work from my phone. (I only really provide traffic reports when waze prompts me to.)
For example, I hit "Report" > "Hazard" > "Later" when at the location of my car here and waze places the hazard icon for later completion:
Later.jpg
I then drive a few block away and press the hazard button on the screen and press send:
Complete.jpg
You can see the pin back where I originally hit "Report."
The pin shows in the livemap where I originally hit "Report" not where I hit the hazard screen icon to complete the report.
LiveMapPin.jpg
Sorry! I stand corrected. For months now I have been falsely reporting "Heavy Traffic" in front of my home!
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
Feature Request: Since we can assume that Waze users are driving while using, and that their phone is mounted somewhere on the dashboard of their car, all of the popup menus need to be readable at a distance of between 18 and 24 inches. Therefore I suggest that all popup windows fill the screen allowing for at least a matrix (5x8) of 40 selection icons. No need to have a scrollable box. In addition, on-screen icons for up to 4 shortcut icons such as "Heavy Traffic" that would "send" your report as soon as you press the shortcut. And of course, get rid of the annoying popup traffic reports.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
Feature Request: Please add one or two more zoom-in levels. Also, have on-screen display of what zoom level you are at.
Den_in_USA
Send a message