Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by floppyrod84
See I'm in Western Europe too (UK) and I don't have any issues with mode switching either. Strange one that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
Mirarkitty wrote:
cherianchris wrote: As long as I'm inside the house, it is on day mode. Once a GPS fix is received then night mode comes on. If I'm driving at 17:59 Hrs then the change happens exactly at 1800 Hrs.
That seems a tad useless. It should at least consider when the night starts. Here it can start at 1500 or at 2300 depending on day of year...

...why doesn't it just use the light sensor?
I think cherianchris is close to the equator, then it makes perfectly sense.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Here (W.Europe) there is a shift of 1-3 minutes per day, depending on the season. Works like a charm.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by jasonh300
yrrabsille wrote:Anyone else having trouble with Auto mode? It doesn't always work.

Does anyone happen to know what criteria the client uses to determine this and how it can be fixed?
Which client version/platform are you using? There are threads dedicated to each platform under "Client".
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Sunset was at 4:59 PM yesterday at my location and it did not switch. Around 5:05, I shut Waze down and reopened and it made the switch.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
One thing to consider is that a proper GPS fix is required. If I start my evening commute in the basement of the building where I work, Waze will only switch to night mode once I am outside and a full fine GPS fix is confirmed. The roughly acquired location from cellular providers is not sufficient.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by mirarkitty
cherianchris wrote: As long as I'm inside the house, it is on day mode. Once a GPS fix is received then night mode comes on. If I'm driving at 17:59 Hrs then the change happens exactly at 1800 Hrs.
That seems a tad useless. It should at least consider when the night starts. Here it can start at 1500 or at 2300 depending on day of year...

...why doesn't it just use the light sensor?
mirarkitty
Send a message

Post by mirarkitty
fvwazing wrote:I think cherianchris is close to the equator, then it makes perfectly sense.
Probably. I could have sworn mine also turns around at 1800 though...
mirarkitty
Send a message

Post by ncc1701v
yrrabsille wrote:I'm using release 3.5.1.0 on an iPhone 4S

As an example, Yesterday I left Portsmouth, NH at 2pm. the Sun set around 4:30pm and by 5pm it was completely dark out. When I arrived in Times Square at 7pm, it was still displaying in Day mode. When I got there, I shut down the app completely (even from the background) and then fired it back up and it came up in Night mode. It's been doing this kind of thing since I first started using Waze (May 2011).

I won't say it NEVER switches, but it's a rare event.
Exactly. In NY State, two hours after sunset I restarted the app and it finally came up in night mode.
ncc1701v
Send a message
... and the "v" is for Volvo.

Post by OldGnome
Mirarkitty wrote:...why doesn't it just use the light sensor?
The ambient light is not a good measure of whether you need a "day" or "night" mode. The ambient light in your automobile is going to change, depending on how close the car behind you has come, whether you are at a stop light, in city or country, etc.
OldGnome
Send a message