Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Routing with and without Avoid Toll Roads

Post by dwannebo
I have noticed some annoying discrepancies with the Fastest routing when switching between Avoid Toll Roads ON and OFF. When I set Avoid Toll Roads to OFF all routes travel via Toll Roads regardless of the fastest routing available.

I have received toll road routing times of 45 minutes, 58 minutes, and 1 hour, 6 minutes and then switched to Avoid Toll Roads ON and received 50 minutes, 56 minutes, and 58 minutes.

It would be better if the Avoid Toll Roads OFF setting displayed the three fastest routes instead of the three fastest routes using toll roads.

Waze Release 3.5.1.0
AT&T iOS Version 6.0.1
dwannebo

POSTER_ID:10745366

Send a message
Waze Release 3.5.3.0
AT&T iOS Version 6.1.1

Post by dwannebo
I travel from the Veterans and Waters to Valrico. Typically the non-toll routes are 20-30 minutes longer than the Interstate and toll routes, but when they are within 5-10 minutes I'd rather save the $3.50 in tolls. I am just surprised that Waze only displays the routes using toll roads when some non-toll road routes are quicker.
dwannebo
Send a message
Waze Release 3.5.3.0
AT&T iOS Version 6.1.1

Post by OldGnome
If those are all the same route, the time figures look like they are pretty close to each other. A 5-8 minute difference on a trip of 45 minutes to an hour is not a lot.
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
dwannebo wrote:I travel from the Veterans and Waters to Valrico. Typically the non-toll routes are 20-30 minutes longer than the Interstate and toll routes, but when they are within 5-10 minutes I'd rather save the $3.50 in tolls. I am just surprised that Waze only displays the routes using toll roads when some non-toll road routes are quicker.
I'm not sure Waze considers an absolute difference in time. I think it's 5%, but that is based on some scattered thread comments around here. If that is true, Waze may not see a difference unless it is outside that threshold. I realize even that threshold is smaller than the differences you are seeing. I suspect there is something wonky with toll road calculations in general. A search of the forums - especially the Florida topics - should reveal you are not the only one to experience that oddity.
OldGnome
Send a message