Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Wrong audible directions

Post by AgateBlackF-150
I hope I'm doing this right, I am new.

At permalink:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-84.54 ... 1,12668143

Audible instructs a right turn on to Piedmont Road (at approx Cottonwood) when in fact you are already on Piedmont after crossing Bells Ferry. There is no turn to make.

Thanks
AgateBlackF-150

POSTER_ID:12504078

Send a message

Post by AgateBlackF-150
OK I posted a map issue for this in the area of the error.

The first alert of the erroneous turn is while still on Ernest W Barrett Parkway (not Ernest West Barrett Parkway as stated audibly. W is the initial of the man). Ernest W Barrett Parkway ends at Bells Ferry Road and Changes into Piedmont Road after crossing Bells Ferry Road. There is no Right Hand Turn to make as directed (at Cottonwood Drive) to be on Piedmont Road. You are at that point already on Piedmont Road traveling straight with no turns.
AgateBlackF-150
Send a message

Post by AgateBlackF-150
This issue has been resolved and I set it to such in the editor.
AgateBlackF-150
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I didn't see anything wrong. However, at cottonwood, the city changes to None. We do see some "odd" behavior sometimes when a street name remains the same but the city changes. I went ahead and rebuilt the Cottonwood intersection.

I also found reverse connectivity at Cajun and Cobb Place junctions, so I removed those. However, that should not have affected verbal instructions.

If you (or someone) could post a Map Issue at this location where the routing shows this improper turn, we could nail down exactly where the instruction is occurring. However, now that the junction has been rebuilt, it may behave. After the next map update cycle completes, try going through here again.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I just noticed that I had left this segment named, which is incorrect as roads on both sides are named differently. I just fixed this now.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ