Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by Mominator
I would like to be able to be added (or add) without Facebook too. I've no interest in using Facebook at all.
Mominator
Send a message

Post by nate2569
Just get your programmers moving on getting Waze up to being a standalone program without piggybacking off Facebook for the "friends" feature. That's one aspect of Waze I (along with a lot of others) do not like. Is this even in the works?
nate2569
Send a message

Post by NiobProta
+1
NiobProta
Send a message

Post by nono031
I'm also interesting, I convince many friends to use waze but we don't have a FB account... And we don't want to have one.
nono031
Send a message
Paris, France

Post by OldGnome
majic12 wrote:...its actually comical that a system like waze is incapable of forging ahead without facebook.
You mean instead of building their own social network infrastructure? I would much rather the app remain focused on driving than social networking.
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
travtufts wrote:Another vote for friends without using facebook. Or at the very least, the ability to use Facebook with "custom" groups of friends. I don't need every whatshisname knowing where I'm driving -- just a few select family members and friends at most.
There is a pretty granular level of control you can establish with Facebook - that is, who can see what. You can create custom lists there.

On the other hand, if you have 10,000 "friends" on Facebook....
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
travtufts wrote:True, Facebook allows you to group people into various lists and apply custom privacy settings to those lists. But I don't believe Waze allows you the same benefit when in the app. That is, I can control when Waze posts on Facebook and to whom, but I can't control other "friends" that are Wazers seeing me while in the app. I'd be very happy if this wasn't the case, but as far as I can tell, it is.
Facebook allows you to restrict posts from an application to a custom group. Or at least, it seems/claims to. I have not tested it.
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
woodchuck3 wrote:Had I known this was a Facebook required app...
Interesting thought. Facebook is NOT required. Whatever gave you that idea?
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by oxyacetylene
I would also like to have this functionality without FB. I can't stand how everyone is integrating with FB now!
oxyacetylene
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
yes.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png