Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by txemt
anthyz wrote:Turns onto the ramp are restricted because Waze does not currently support carpool-only lanes. See here for the general guidelines:

http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Best ... cted_Lanes
That is correct. But the turn restrictions for the ramp are both turn off (which doesn't mean Waze won't direct someone to turn there). My question is why have that one ramp there? It serves no purpose for Waze (and I'm not seeing a legal separate purpose for a driver). If I were a driver getting onto I-15 from that road, I would have made my right turn onto the first ramp, regardless if I have 20 people in my car or it's just me. I wouldn't pass up the first ramp just so I can take the 2nd ramp because it's a HOV onramp, they both lead to the same place. They're connected a few feet down the road. That's why I'm asking what is the logical purpose of that ramp?
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
That's not where the problem is, though (that link just goes to strengthen my point). The problem is at the intersection further back where the driver is supposed to make a right onto the ramp to get onto I-15, but Waze is instructing the driver to make a left.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
I think the Wiki rules on the HOV lane are more for the HOV lanes on the freeway, not the ramps. I made a small change, see if that works.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
That's what I'm thinking.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
Uh...oh. If that's the case, then there are some things in Texas that are going to be all jacked up, cuz I haven't finished them. :)
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
Whew. Hang on until it goes live.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
So.....how'd it work out, or has it gone live, yet?
txemt
Send a message