Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Notify problems on route

Post by keepitmovin
it would be helpful to see only problems that are on my navigation route. any problems on any other roads don't matter to me even in the vicinity.
keepitmovin

POSTER_ID:2910036

Send a message

Post by dsaunder
+1 for notifying of events only on route, less than 1 mile away or not at all! (if Waze has to move the map to show it to me, I don't want to see it!)
dsaunder
Send a message

Post by gregiare
I second the motion that it would be really nice to only see popup problems that are on my route or to be able to turn the popups off completely and only show them on the map or when you are getting close to them. I have mine set to the minimum of 5 miles but in the Chicago suburb I normally drive in I get tons of these popups all the time so that it interferes with my ability to see my route and it is very distracting. At least give the option for "On my route" or "Only those I am approaching" and let the user decide what works best for them.
gregiare
Send a message

Post by keepitmovin
in NY where there are many streets in a given area having it set at i think 5 miles which i think is the minimum my screen flashes with nearly a dozen pop ups in certain areas. none of them usually on my route. i would like to see the number brought down from 5 to be able to choose 1,2,3, or 4 even. again you have to take into account that different people live in different areas and have different preferences/needs.
keepitmovin
Send a message

Post by txemt
You can adjust that in your settings, to a limit. You can set the distance on how far out you get for notices. I like to know what's going on around the city in case I decide to go a different way than Waze has me going.

For instance, I was on my way home and opened up Waze to send me home. I started driving, and at a red light, was looking through the reports and found a major accident on the Interstate I was going to get onto. The accident was in the opposite direction from my direction of travel, but I knew traffic would be bad, so I immediately got off the road I was on and took a different route home (with the help of Waze to get me through some back streets).
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
realc4ever wrote:waze really needs a detour button... i sometimes go off route like you did due to the accident and waze tries to get me back on the original route.

so i use a mix of waze and my magellan still.
It could be that roads on your route aren't connected or have issues with them, which is why Waze wants to go back to the original route. Although sometimes it takes a little while to force Waze to understand you're not going the way it recommends. You may also want to select ROUTES and choose a different route to see what it does. In my accident scenario, I did just that as soon as I got off of the highway I was on.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by whatever2015
waze really needs a detour button... i sometimes go off route like you did due to the accident and waze tries to get me back on the original route.

so i use a mix of waze and my magellan still.
whatever2015
Send a message