Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Editor trouble

Post by Jarpee05
If this is posted in the wrong place than Mods please delete it and tell me where to put it. But I am having a hard time selecting roads in the editor. It seems like 75% of the time when I click on a road it highlights the segment in blue but does not show me the points of the segment or the turning arrows at the junctions. I have to zoom out a few times and select it and then it will let me see the editing points. Is this a know issue or am I doing something wrong or what?
Jarpee05

POSTER_ID:12420037

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Turn off the landmarks layer.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by cherianchris
I refresh the WME every 30 minutes. That helps me to avoid the problem. :grin:

MB526 - > Tapatalk 2
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png

Post by Daknife
tgfathergoose wrote:This is a serious problem that has been in existence ever since the latest editor came on line. My frustration with this bug is extremely high.

The only workaround to this is to save your changes, then select Live Map, then Update Map. Most of the time this will work, but only temporarily. I've done as few as 20 or so turn enables, then try to select a street to change the routing, and it has died again.

FIX THIS BUG!!!!!
Actually it's much easier to fix. Once you are zoomed into the area you are working go to your address bar and delete everything but the basic editor url https://www.waze.com/editor/. Then when you run across this just save your edits to this point, and then reload the page, it will refresh the entire map, fixing the problem (until you've zoomed in and out a few times). It's quick and easy. To not have to do it at all would be best, but until Waze gets it fixed this is the quickest work-around.

As long as the address is the basic link as shown above, it will always refocus you right on where you were when you hit reload. If you have additional location data in the address box, it will reload to that data, which has bounced me miles from where I was working when I wasn't watching what I was doing.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by EduardoJaramillo
I have the same problem, but turning the landmarks layer off doesn't help. I've found that taking a permalink (bottom right of the screen) usually works.
Sometimes, the roads don't even show and some tiles are pink. The roads are there (moving the mouse over will select them) but there is no map at all to be seen. After changing the zoom they will eventually show.
EduardoJaramillo
Send a message

Post by tgfathergoose
This is a serious problem that has been in existence ever since the latest editor came on line. My frustration with this bug is extremely high.

The only workaround to this is to save your changes, then select Live Map, then Update Map. Most of the time this will work, but only temporarily. I've done as few as 20 or so turn enables, then try to select a street to change the routing, and it has died again.

FIX THIS BUG!!!!!
tgfathergoose
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message