Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

No GPS Reception

Post by
Hello, this app just constantly says no GPS and becuase of that is pretty useless :(
Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have been on to Maps that is installed on my phone and it can pinpoint my location exactly, how do I fix this? :(

POSTER_ID:10052916

Send a message

Post by 698db013201145aa9771c728c4929865
Same error for me for the last 2 years on iPhone 6 with iOS 12.4.3. and Waze 4.57.00 on fresh install after total phone erase and hard reset. GPS works fine on other map apps.

Works fine on iPhone X with current iOS.

Clearly a Waze programming issue with certain combos of phones and/or versions of iOS/GPS receivers.
698db013201145aa9771c728c4929865
Send a message

Post by 7a294da4f23f4e7c8786cc2720d1fb5d
I have had this issue for the last seven months, it fell short on me and just before I went to Italy when I needed it most.
I have tried all of these solutions and still no luck on my iPhone 6S. Yesterday I went into a phone repair centre and they said it may be my GPS antenna, a $85 fix.
If this were the case none of my other GPS assisted apps would work.
Just a little heads up as some service centres may try to dup you.
7a294da4f23f4e7c8786cc2720d1fb5d
Send a message

Post by a4bolek
lucidmida wrote:I searched for this topic before posting and I didnt find it, although that seems unlikely because i know this is a common issue with the newest version.

No matter what I try, waze no longer can find gps on my android phone. I made sure location was on, high accuracy is on, my phone does not have assisted gps so I cant turn that on but i also downloaded gps status & toolbox and reset agps and that didn't help either.

I guess waze no longer works on my phone after update and there is nothing I can do about it. I havent updated it on my tablet and it still works fine, but i don't have data on my tablet so I can't use it outside of the house when I am on the road. Why can I no longer use waze at all on my android phone? It has been fine for years and after one update, it is unusable. I am very frustrated

Is there ANYTHING else I can try?
Clean install older version 3.9.9.0 from apkmirror. See if that helps.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
karlmf1 wrote:Speaking of beta testers, how does one get to be a Waze beta tester?

Sent from my Moto Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk.
You can sign up here: https://waze.centercode.com/signup/
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by Abmootak
I have tried numerous times to get a gps signal but to no avail. I have followed the directions on the app and downloaded gps app. Still doesnt work. Any other suggestions
Abmootak
Send a message

Post by akouda
Actually, I am having the same issue...I can tell that it has to do with the latest updates, because i have been using this App for years now...before the last update waze has always worked FLAWLESSLY...it's a been a month also that my experience with waze has been extremely frustating....To the point that i am actively looking for an alternative, despite that i have always swore by Waze and have recommended ot to my friends and family around the world!!!!!Each time that I am activating the navigation now,,the apps is not able or deactivate the GPS somehow and state that no GPS isavailable and I should go outside?!?!?!? by staying at the same spot, I hav to turn off the GPS manually and turn it back on before the Waze app recognize it?!?!?!?!? VERY FRUSTATING!!!! A new bug now is that it does not recalulate automatically, if you choose to ignore the initial route?!?!?! it asks you to go back to the highlighted road?!??!?! Never before it has done that!!! VERY FRUSTATING!!!!!
It seems that so far we are not getting any help frm the developper...No response after more that 6 posts?!?!?!?
akouda
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Verify that other similar apps or GPS utility apps do or do not show similar symptoms.

BTW, how are you determining GPS is dropping? And, FYI, Waze has nothing to do with GPS other than reading the data that the phone OS provides to it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by alfamsb006
Has anyone found a solution to this? I have a App Radio 3 with a galaxy Note 5 connecting via ScreenBeam miracast. App radio has GPS signal, but Waze gives me an error stating uh oh, no GPS signal. Please help!
alfamsb006
Send a message

Post by alfredo094
Hi there.

I can't post anything on Waze because it prompts me that there's no GPS connection. I've already checked that my iPhone 6 has location services always on and I've done a hard reset. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

I can use it normally and see traffic signs on my app, but I can't put them. Any ideas what I should do?
alfredo094
Send a message

Post by algertkeputa
My waze has stopped working for the last 2 months 'in iPhone 6 it shows no gps,have reboted the phone deleted the app,All my other apps are working fine,any one has any solution cos I have tried everything,
algertkeputa
Send a message