Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by wroadd
Dave2084 wrote:The upgrade has broken the Brand field for Petrol (Gas) Stations.

When you look at a Gas Station the brand is blank.
Update it and Save.
Select the Gas Station again and it's blank!

Also instead of something we haven't been asking for being added to properties of objects on the Waze map how about something we have been asking for for almost 3 years like a COUNTY field for the UK and other ROTW countries?

I will look forward to updating the 7000+ petrol stations in the UK ... :?
Dave, I found the bug (the first item of the gas stations' brand-list was an empty line, so it destroy the selection, but if has no effect on the real values, so if you select one brand and save the changes, it will be saved to the waze's database), so they are working on it ;)
wroadd
Send a message
Waze Global Champ, (Re)tired
Hardware: Oukitel U22 & iPhone 7
Car: Soca Octavia : red

Post by wroadd
Sometimes helps if you turn off the landmarks layer

Tapatalk 2-vel küldve az én GT-P1000-ről
wroadd
Send a message

Post by wroadd
The gas station's brand field is fixed...
wroadd
Send a message

Post by xtago
Haven't tried it yet but looking forwarded to giving it a go.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
xtago
Send a message

Post by xtago
rleejr79 wrote:In the screenshot posted:

1.) I understand the the alt name feature works. Do I have to delete and reassign alt name every time? I am unable to edit the alt name as is. Yes, I have permission and I was last to lock it. (Highlighted it in red on left)

4.) Is Waze going to implement their own search result as per the ability to enter house numbers or is it still going to use the search provider?

5.) +1 for simplifying the functions on the left side
On the Alt names from what I've seen you can have 4-5 alt names I guess the circle X would clear it but I noticed the old WME would have some alt names but you couldn't edit or delete them now you can I guess, could be person based as some places can have many names based on where you are from.

I've not used the old old editor so do not know much about how it worked the names.

From the times I've used waze to find a street it you could always add a street number but it would just goto the middle or the end or a street, I would assume the same will happen again but be a little bit more picky about the place it decides.

Correct street numbers will always be a hit and miss affair really, same problem in many GPS apps and units.

at least they can be added so you get fairly close to the right place.
xtago
Send a message

Post by xtago
A quick question on the street numbers as well.

Multi segments and street numbering.

I see you can only do numbers for 1 segment at a time does anyone know if you do a number on that street and then went to the other end segment and did the end number.

would it have numbering across the whole street/segments or just incomplete numbering for the end segments?
xtago
Send a message

Post by xtago
WeeeZer14 wrote:
bgodette wrote:
skbun wrote:http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_ ... dit_Detail:

An alternate name street must also have the same city as the primary segment. (My emphasis added)
So there's no Street anywhere in the world that belongs to two cities or a city with two official names. Somehow I doubt that.
Forget different cities. How about different states? For example: State St in Bristol, TN / Bristol, VA

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... street.jpg

To the left of the double yellow line is VA, to the right is TN.
You'd need 2 one easy streets or pick a state or probably have no state and a road name.

Its alt names not alt name, state, city.

The states don't mean anything much just a search area look up, in waze/editor Australia doesn't have any states even though there is 8 states with more minor ones as well like Norfolk island.

We have to add states to the suburb/city name, so the area names don't get mixed up over the whole country.

Which must cause problems for the servers as they are dealing with an area the size of the USA.

xtago
Send a message

Post by xtago
I've noticed the petrol brands are all messed up in Australia.

People should check for that, seems to be mixed up with US and euro petrol brands I assume.
xtago
Send a message

Post by xtago
wine4sure wrote:Forgive me if this is already covered in the 19 pages of messages, but is there any way that I've missed to tell if a road ends in a node once it's been selected?

Previously you would get a different shape at the end. Now it looks to me like you get the same size circle at each end. Am I missing something?

You can't always tell by the blue dot because sometimes the street name obscures it. And anyway I would like to know once the road is actually selected.
Click on the street if you get no turn arrows then it probably isn't connected and needs to be checked

xtago
Send a message

Post by xtago
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
xtago wrote:Click on the street if you get no turn arrows then it probably isn't connected and needs to be checked
Please please please stop answering questions with an answer which isn't remotely related to the actual question. You keep pulling answers out of thin air, giving bad and incorrect answers to users, or just completely miss the actual point of the question. You have been warned many times.
If you select a segment and it is connected to a junction point then you'll see red or green arrows, if you don't get the arrows then the segment isn't connected to a junction point.

This is explained in the wme video on waze youtube channel.

xtago
Send a message