Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Level 5: I-5 discrepancies between Mobile App and Live Map

Post by usa_futstgjs
Roughly parallel to Gervais, Oregon and Brooks, Oregon there are significant gaps for I-5 S and I-5 N that display on the Android App. There are three or four of them, with each spanning many hundreds of feet.

Live Map and Update Map show no gaps but the Android App shows these gaps. I tried to "Refresh map of my area", but the gaps were unaffected.

Most importantly, the Issue only pops up when I have a Route set.

Multiple Map Issues have been reported, but they are marked as Solved or Not Identified.
usa_futstgjs

POSTER_ID:12221212

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
We're waiting to hear from Waze on what's going on. I have posted a significant number of examples to them for I-84 between Hood River and OR201 east of Baker City. I hadn't seen the same issues on I-5 recently between PDX and Eugene, but I've not been down in several weeks and this issue has cropped up since then.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
This is a documented issue and is being worked on.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ