iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

Postby perlin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:21 am

AggieJM wrote:1) Auto Day/Night switch isn't working. I drove Saturday for a couple of hours after dark and it never switched. I finally had to manually switch to night mode so it would stop blinding me.

Can you send logs that contain such a drive? Please mention the date and approximate hour of the drive, after you send.

AggieJM wrote:2) When I pick a location from favorites, the mileage and/or trip time and randomly way off in the summary screen that appears first. For example, sometimes it will show 5 miles for a trip that is closer to 20 miles. Or it may show a 10 minute ETA for a 30 mile trip. When the actual navigation starts, both the mileage and time are correct.

Please provide a screenshot and logs (if it happens again).

AggieJM wrote:4) I've noticed some odd behavior around the route that is automatically selected. On some longer routes it will select a route that is both longer and slower than the alternates. I posted a topic about this, but didn't get any replies yet. It's not a small difference in some cases. The example I posted the other night was a difference of 30 miles and 30 minutes.

Link to the relevant post?
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby AggieJM » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:40 pm

perlin wrote:
AggieJM wrote:4) I've noticed some odd behavior around the route that is automatically selected. On some longer routes it will select a route that is both longer and slower than the alternates. I posted a topic about this, but didn't get any replies yet. It's not a small difference in some cases. The example I posted the other night was a difference of 30 miles and 30 minutes.

Link to the relevant post?

My mistake, I was posting from my phone last night and forgot the link.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34096

I'll get the logs and screenshots for the other items as soon as I can recreate them.
AT&T iPhone 6s iOS 9.3.2
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AggieJM » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:01 pm

One other item I noticed was that the "cookie eating" behavior was a little erratic.

I was in an area on Saturday night that had quite a few unmunched roads, so I drove a few of them because I needed some details to make map updates. I noticed that when I would reach a section where the cookies displayed, the icon on the map wouldn't change and the cookies would stay behind. After I had driven a short distance, then it would start munching and quickly stop and show that I posted 1 point. On some really long sections, it would restart and go for a way, but it would stop again before I reached the end of the section.

I'll try to recreate this in my local area on debug mode, but I'll have to find some roads with cookies left on them.
AT&T iPhone 6s iOS 9.3.2
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby calli84 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Good evening dear Wazers

Maybe it's only a problem on my Iphone but today in the morning as I drove to my office the announcement switched completly to the minimal version. After a few kilometers the full TTT was availible. But before this I had never changed this in option menu.

Is there a bug in the iOS version?

And as I wanted to drive back home the TTT announcement had a nice and funny vocabulary. If you reach the destination the Waze-assistent (in Germany it's called "Steffi" for the female voice) says "you arriving you destination" ... in the German way of speech. :lol:

Since today if you reach the 200 meter before the turn or something else the assistent say "in two hundred meter biegen Sie links in die blablabla Straße ab" (also "in 200 m turn left into street blablabla").

How is it in the other languages? Or do I have a problem with my mobile phone?

Greetings
Calli

(sorry for my bad English)
Area Manager: Germany / North RP • client on phone: waze 3.5.1.0 on iOS 6.0.1
calli84

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:48 pm

When Waze cannot contact the server to get the TTS instructions, it falls back to pre-recorded announcements. I've seen some posts from people who have received instructions in other languages, too.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:15 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:When Waze cannot contact the server to get the TTS instructions, it falls back to pre-recorded announcements. I've seen some posts from people who have received instructions in other languages, too.

The client can't play sentences that haven't been actively selected and downloaded, so the question is what is the language that is used as a fallback when there is no internet for the TTS - the last selected one? the default one for the country? a random one? the first on the downloaded folder list? What I mean is that the client surely won't start speaking Spanish if the user never picked up Spanish as the voice language ;)
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:01 am

OK guys today I've spent 10 minutes before leaving the parking lot, going crazy with a certain bug I've reported before, but now at home I've double checked that it has to be a real bug and not something I haven't touched on the preferences file on my iPhone.

The symptoms is that the map stops panning to follow the current position. Or in other words, if I press the "target" icon on the left side (when the right shows the north, zoom in and zoom out ones), nothing happens, the map doesn't scroll to my position.

There are two things I notice that are surely related to this, but I can't directly relate the behavior to the end result
- sometimes the alternatives map was on 3D or rotated 2D, and sometimes the regular map switches automatically to 2D
- there was a lot more "looking for internet connection" messages over that period that should be, and I was surely with connection at the time

I've sent my logs right now (it's Dez 13 00:53 GMT) and tomorrow I'll have a look at them myself.
Right now I've started my client fresh, clicked on "navigate work", clicked on alternatives, map, the alternatives map was this time on 2D straight north as usual, select route, and then my regular map was switched back to 2D, centered in a place nearby but not even nearby the path of the route, and I can't center the map over my position. I can zoom in and out, point north, rotate, etc, but the left button does nothing. Right now it's possible I have no GPS fix as I'm at home, but this afternoon, during those 10 minutes, I was surely GPS active because my car was showing at the exact point when the client starts. (the self-centering only fails after picking the route, it always works on start).

ping me if you need more information, right now I'm too tired to go grab the cable and look again at the logs :(
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: iOS 3.5.1 official feedback thread

Postby pvaladares » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:56 am

davipt wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:When Waze cannot contact the server to get the TTS instructions, it falls back to pre-recorded announcements. I've seen some posts from people who have received instructions in other languages, too.

The client can't play sentences that haven't been actively selected and downloaded, so the question is what is the language that is used as a fallback when there is no internet for the TTS - the last selected one? the default one for the country? a random one? the first on the downloaded folder list? What I mean is that the client surely won't start speaking Spanish if the user never picked up Spanish as the voice language ;)

Look at 'default voice' in the preference file.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
Country Manager for Portugal | Champ | Expert Android and others
Area Manager for Luanda (Angola) and Macau (China)
pvaladares
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby perlin » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:14 pm

AggieJM wrote:One other item I noticed was that the "cookie eating" behavior was a little erratic.

I was in an area on Saturday night that had quite a few unmunched roads, so I drove a few of them because I needed some details to make map updates. I noticed that when I would reach a section where the cookies displayed, the icon on the map wouldn't change and the cookies would stay behind. After I had driven a short distance, then it would start munching and quickly stop and show that I posted 1 point. On some really long sections, it would restart and go for a way, but it would stop again before I reached the end of the section.

I'll try to recreate this in my local area on debug mode, but I'll have to find some roads with cookies left on them.

If you succeed to recreate the problem, please send the debug logs and mention the date & time of the drive.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby davipt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:17 pm

Weird thing, my client lost the debug mode.

Here's again the hundreds of lines on my iOS postmorten about the yellow arrow, now with debug enabled.
I can't seem to find any small* or even arrows on that folder :(

[12:07:27 Info] Failed loading image data for file: /var/mobile/Applications/83E95FB3-75A1-4729-80E0-30108EB34D84/Waze.app/skins/default/small_yellow_arrow.png [canvas.c:2337 (canvas_load_image_file
)]
[12:07:27 Info] Failed loading image /var/mobile/Applications/83E95FB3-75A1-4729-80E0-30108EB34D84/Waze.app/skins/default/small_yellow_arrow.png [canvas.c:2284 (canvas_load_image_int)]
[12:07:27 Debug] resource small_yellow_arrow type=0 not found. [res.c:293 (res_get)]

Update: another missing file - a friend of mine is a Horse ?!?!

[12:07:42 Info] Failed loading image data for file: /var/mobile/Applications/83E95FB3-75A1-4729-80E0-30108EB34D84/Waze.app/skins/default/wazer_wazer_Horse.png [canvas.c:2337 (canvas_load_image_file)]
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App