The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Enhancement Request: Simplify Segemt

Post by wwar46
I would like to request an Editor Enhancement - to Simplify Segments.

I suggest the following selectable modes for new set of editor buttons:

1) Delete all Nodes within some user (editor) specified distance (i.e., 10 meters) on a selected segment(s).
2) Deleted all Collinear Nodes (within some delta) on selected segment(s).
3) Deleted every other Node on the selected segment(s).

These could be implemented similar to the "Road to River" tool, one button for each function.

This functions would be most useful for Roads, but maybe useful for Landmarks as well.

Maybe these functions could (or should) be restricted for use by Area Manage level or above.

Use of these would make many "old base map" edits much easier, and that would save a lot of Server Disk space. Currently, I often find it easier to use the "D" key, to delete all Nodes within a badly formed segment, and then insert only the few as necessary. These new functions would help me a lot with rural area edits.

Thanks
wwar46
wwar46

POSTER_ID:9721871

Send a message

Post by bgodette
jasonh300 wrote:Most of what you're asking for is currently being developed and tested in some add-on scripts. They're not yet ready for public release though.

We're currently pushing the developers to integrate a lot of what we have currently available in add-on scripts into the actual editor so that nobody needs to install scripts. That could take a while though.
His mention of co-linear is really where gwipe needs to be so you can safely use it in conjunction with select entire street. Maybe Mike has time to implement it as it's just checking the deviation of each internal point vs a straight line.

It's all my phone's fault for using Tapatalk.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Most of what you're asking for is currently being developed and tested in some add-on scripts. They're not yet ready for public release though.

We're currently pushing the developers to integrate a lot of what we have currently available in add-on scripts into the actual editor so that nobody needs to install scripts. That could take a while though.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message