Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

Postby autourdupc » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Den_in_USA wrote:Before I start my drive to work, I press "Reports", "Traffic Jams' then "Later". This puts the traffic icon on my screen for later use. This is helpful, however, I would like to be able to have a permanant "Heavy Traffic", "Car on Side of Road" and "Police" on my screen. Further, if I press one of the icons, it should send the report without having to press "Send". This way all three icons would stay on my screen for my whole trip.

+1
And I say it would be great if we could select ourselves which icons we want on the map (a selection of 3 or 4 shortlinks among all possibles).
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby CBenson » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:15 pm

Autourdupc wrote:
Den_in_USA wrote:Before I start my drive to work, I press "Reports", "Traffic Jams' then "Later". This puts the traffic icon on my screen for later use. This is helpful, however, I would like to be able to have a permanant "Heavy Traffic", "Car on Side of Road" and "Police" on my screen. Further, if I press one of the icons, it should send the report without having to press "Send". This way all three icons would stay on my screen for my whole trip.

+1
And I say it would be great if we could select ourselves which icons we want on the map (a selection of 3 or 4 shortlinks among all possibles).

I'm confused. If you press "Reports", "Traffic Jams" and then "Later" while in your driveway, when you ultimately complete the report, doesn't the pin for the jam show in your driveway?
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

Postby darkneon » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm confused. If you press "Reports", "Traffic Jams" and then "Later" while in your driveway, when you ultimately complete the report, doesn't the pin for the jam show in your driveway?[/quote]

LOL it will, if you press reports you will see at the bottom of the screen: time and location saved.
The later function is just to let you finish the report when its safe to do so.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk
ImageImage
Waze Ingress Theme: https:///zKdXW Perfect for at night
darkneon

Postby Den_in_USA » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:47 pm

CBenson wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:

+1

I'm confused. If you press "Reports", "Traffic Jams" and then "Later" while in your driveway, when you ultimately complete the report, doesn't the pin for the jam show in your driveway?

No, when you press "Later" it just puts a shortcut for traffic reports on your screen. When you press that shortcut icon, it first stores your present location and the time, then you select "Heavy Traffic, then finally you press "Send". I just want to do the whole sequence for "Heavy Traffic" without even needing to press "Send".
Software Test Designer, CareFusion
T-Mobile| Dell Streak 5| Android 2.2.2
Den_in_USA

Postby CBenson » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:57 pm

Den_in_USA wrote:
CBenson wrote:I'm confused. If you press "Reports", "Traffic Jams" and then "Later" while in your driveway, when you ultimately complete the report, doesn't the pin for the jam show in your driveway?

No, when you press "Later" it just puts a shortcut for traffic reports on your screen. When you press that shortcut icon, it first stores your present location and the time, then you select "Heavy Traffic, then finally you press "Send". I just want to do the whole sequence for "Heavy Traffic" without even needing to press "Send".

This is not how Hazard and Police reports work from my phone. (I only really provide traffic reports when waze prompts me to.)
For example, I hit "Report" > "Hazard" > "Later" when at the location of my car here and waze places the hazard icon for later completion:
Later.jpg
Later.jpg (51.62 KiB) Viewed 473 times

I then drive a few block away and press the hazard button on the screen and press send:
Complete.jpg
Complete.jpg (48.87 KiB) Viewed 473 times

You can see the pin back where I originally hit "Report."
The pin shows in the livemap where I originally hit "Report" not where I hit the hazard screen icon to complete the report.
LiveMapPin.jpg
LiveMapPin.jpg (36.98 KiB) Viewed 473 times
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Den_in_USA » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:11 pm

CBenson wrote:
Den_in_USA wrote:
CBenson wrote:I'm confused. If you press "Reports", "Traffic Jams" and then "Later" while in your driveway, when you ultimately complete the report, doesn't the pin for the jam show in your driveway?

This is not how Hazard and Police reports work from my phone. (I only really provide traffic reports when waze prompts me to.)
For example, I hit "Report" > "Hazard" > "Later" when at the location of my car here and waze places the hazard icon for later completion:
Later.jpg

I then drive a few block away and press the hazard button on the screen and press send:
Complete.jpg

You can see the pin back where I originally hit "Report."
The pin shows in the livemap where I originally hit "Report" not where I hit the hazard screen icon to complete the report.
LiveMapPin.jpg

Sorry! I stand corrected. For months now I have been falsely reporting "Heavy Traffic" in front of my home!
Software Test Designer, CareFusion
T-Mobile| Dell Streak 5| Android 2.2.2
Den_in_USA

Postby CrackedLCD » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:59 am

Is there any way for Waze to scale up better on devices with high resolution screens? I'm in love with my new Droid DNA and its 1920x1080 5" screen, but Waze's map graphics are so small as to be almost unreadable at all but the closest zoom levels now on the 2D view. The speedometer also renders partially behind the alert button on the right side of the screen.

I do enjoy seeing a lot more of the surrounding map when zoomed out, but when I am following streets and looking for specific names, it's really hard to make out. (I'd attach a screenshot but it's a nice big clean looking image on my monitor, not the little 5" rectangle I actually see..)
Last edited by CrackedLCD on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

Moto Droid Turbo (Android 5.1) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby perlin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:02 am

pvaladares wrote:
CrackedLCD wrote:
pvaladares wrote:Most of the times I try to update gas prices I get a "no gps signal available" message although waze shows my current gps position and routing is ok.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

You're not alone on that. Both me and another local user have experienced this on our Galaxy S phones on Gingerbread. I just got a new Droid DNA and have only run Waze once but so far it hasn't given the error, so I dunno if it's software related or hardware related. I'd think Sony Ericsson phones should have better GPS than our crappy Samsungs, though.

The problem is only when I try to update gas prices. It I try to report anything else it works OK.
It should not be related with the GPS.

I'm sorry for the confusion, but the feature of reporting gas prices is not embedded in Portugal yet. If you can see the button of "Gas Prices" in the report menu then this is a bug. I'll appreciate if you send me a screenshot of that.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:24 am

CBenson wrote:I continue to have the problem that whenever I add a stop, waze tells me to proceed to highlighted route even though I am on the highlighted route.
PTAHRAAS.jpg

Please send logs and mention the date & time of the problem.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Re: Re: Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

Postby pvaladares » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:35 am

perlin wrote:
pvaladares wrote:
CrackedLCD wrote:[quote="pvaladares"]Most of the times I try to update gas prices I get a "no gps signal available" message although waze shows my current gps position and routing is ok.

You're not alone on that. Both me and another local user have experienced this on our Galaxy S phones on Gingerbread. I just got a new Droid DNA and have only run Waze once but so far it hasn't given the error, so I dunno if it's software related or hardware related. I'd think Sony Ericsson phones should have better GPS than our crappy Samsungs, though.

The problem is only when I try to update gas prices. It I try to report anything else it works OK.
It should not be related with the GPS.

I'm sorry for the confusion, but the feature of reporting gas prices is not embedded in Portugal yet. If you can see the button of "Gas Prices" in the report menu then this is a bug. I'll appreciate if you send me a screenshot of that.[/quote]

I visited Spain and got the feature unlocked.
The gas prices worked good so far.
Now it just shows the 'no gps available' message.

Country Manager for Portugal | Champ | Expert Android and others
Area Manager for Luanda (Angola) and Macau (China)
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
pvaladares
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App