Requests for map modifications (UR-topic) [ARCHIEF]

Requests for changing the lock rank of segments (unlock) or map modifications

Moderators: Benelux - Regional Managers, Benelux - Local Champs, Benelux - Country Managers

Forum rules
What info should be included in my request?

Read the instructions before posting!

Requests for map modifications (UR-topic)

Postby maantje76 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:15 pm

If I'm done adding all citynames, that will be the next step.

About your search, we're still use an external database dor adress lookup. Waze promised to work on the search engine, so our own database is prefered. But i guess that will take some time...

I just had a look for this specific request...I didn't find any segment with that cityname...when did you made those changes? I think it will take some more time before the maptiles in WME are updated...In the Waze app this name isn't show up...
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby maantje76 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:43 pm

stijnley wrote:Ok I will Maantje76. So the missing cams (as map errors) I posted are lost? Too bad because I reported them on road I only drive once a year.

well, the map errors will be there, but there's no possibilty to add speedcams, so yes, the're lost :-(
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby maantje76 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:37 pm

stijnley wrote:dear Wazers,

I have another question: While driving around I reported some missing speed camera's (permanent cams) that weren't on the map.
I used "map error" every time instead of "speed cam report"

How is it possible to add the speed cam in the waze editor please? I can't do it myself, I didn't know that they have to be reported via the "speed cam" message.

I reported 3 missing, so maybe I can save other wazers some money!

Thank you

you can only report them from the app. For the future, report a speedcam, and directly after that à map error. In the maperror message, provide info you want to add the speedcam with the maximum allowed speed.
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby maantje76 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:19 am

Robin allready did...
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby fvwazing » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Oops, only now reading this. My locking-super-powers struck again... Manuel, did you write support yet?
fvwazing

Postby maantje76 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:21 pm

evilburt wrote:I had read it and also checked the via michelin map, which also said beveren-leie, but i didnt read the part where the waze names arent the same.
Does anyone know where that list of names came from and why they are different from the naming that you can find on every other map?

This list is based on the Belgium post list. We customised it at some points.

If you look as example for Beveren-leie in gmaps, you won't find it. On gmaps it's Beveren, Warengem. So your statement is incorrect. Belgium post has à nice and complete list. No double names that can give problems. So with this list everybody knows what cityname to use...you can use zipcode instead of cityname to find out the correct cityname, etc.....
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby maantje76 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:43 pm

evilburt wrote:Could somebody either unlock the N43 or rename the city from Beveren (Leie) to Beveren-Leie, i have already named a bunch of roads around there.
This is how it should be named according to a paper map i have here from the city. (as well as wikipedia link)
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=2&l ... TTTTTTTTFT

I think you didn't read the sticky topics about citynames and the Belgium wiki. This is how it should be written! :-)

So please change the roads with the correct cityname...
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby fvwazing » Mon May 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Argh, I asked support to put me back - 3 times! So, really, I have no bigger vote than anyone else in this.
fvwazing

Postby fvwazing » Mon May 21, 2012 6:33 pm

maantje76 wrote:
I'm also think we have to use the street to river tool.

Add/leave the railway as 'railway', directivity 'unknown', lock and you

Objection, your honor!

Seriously, the street-to-rivered-railway does not look too convincing. At different zoomlevels the client has trouble showing something that even remotely looks like a railway. Compared to the clean lines of the roads around it it looks much more like a natural feature - a river, or a canal, or just a set of very narrow triangles. The best thing that could happen is that Waze decides to display the railways as ++++++++++, but they have indicated they will not do so. Next best, and with my vote, is the use of walking trails for railways, as they are cleanly and clearly visible, yet distinct from the drivable roads around it. Also, it looks like it works as the "trap" for Wazers in trains like what we need at some critical places. Finally it is just less hassle to create and maintain - especially by less trained editors. The worst that can happen is that they change the type back to railroad, just because that type exists.
fvwazing

Postby fvwazing » Sun May 20, 2012 12:07 pm

Spoorlijn unlocked. En hey, binnen Lanaken liggen geen Major Highways, hoor!
fvwazing

PreviousNext

Return to Requests for map modifications (UR-Forum)