Waze Cheating in Ireland.

Moderators: krankyd, adriansinger, Unholy

Re: Waze Cheating in Ireland.

Postby Bozwell » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:08 pm

Admittedly I have no idea how Waze points can be cheated but I assume there would have to be map changes of some sort to generate the points, so wouldn't you see those changes on the map in Ireland?
Could it be that there is just a lot of work to be done in Ireland, so there are a lot of things that need fixing, and they go unnoticed on such an undeveloped map?

I'm assuming it is undeveloped by what the OP wrote.
Bozwell

Postby ikyriakidis » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:15 pm

Could it be that some users use the same logins in more than one device?
ikyriakidis

Postby razer999 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:06 pm

To all you Xbox generation wazers (I won't say wasters), complaining about how some people cheat to get more points to prove they are a bigger wazer than you are. We must congratulate WAZE on a brilliant strategy to get people to work hard for free.

If you have so much free time, why don't you spend some of it working unpaid for a local charity. Or, you can come and work for me for free...(I will even give you a piece of paper with points written on it. - @ a rate of 10 000 points per hour).

Alternatively why not contribute to Open Street Map (like I do)... but, you won't get points to boost your ego.
razer999

Postby stevedaly1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi all. First time poster. I use Waze every weekday. Just started to get PMs regarding the subject of cheating. I don't know are the messages aimed at me or just a friendly note to let me know what is happening on the forum. I can do up to 400 miles a week as a domestic appliance repairman and I like to be active in reporting events on the road, such as traffic jams etc. I don't do much editing anymore as I found others had done a much better job than me. Just wondering what the full story is regarding the cheating as I noticed recently several members has disapeared off the Waze maps. By the way , even though I get PMs I can't see any actual message for me. Am I not searching properly? Thanks for reading , look forward to feedback.
stevedaly1

Postby stevedaly1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi. Back again. Just figured out how to read messages. Dooh... Feel free to ignore my last posting :-)
stevedaly1

Postby xteejx » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:20 am

It's not just limited to Ireland unfortunately we have it here too. You definitely did the right thing by contacting Waze. See what their reply is and if necessary press them on it.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
xteejx

Postby xteejx » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:13 pm

From what I gather, it's when <redacted>. Depending how far you zoom out this can get quite a lot of points, but does nothing of any benefit to the map. It's a shame really.
xteejx

Postby xteejx » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:31 pm

I can guess where those fingers are pointing and I would also have to agree. It has been going on farrrrr too long without providing any real input to the map data other than forcing tile changes which aren't needed, which in turn cause higher server load, longer tile processing times, and generally spoil for everyone across the board.

xteejx

Postby xteejx » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:14 am

Making the tiniest of changes possible basically without actually *doing* anything, if that makes sense?

xteejx

Postby xteejx » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Exactly. This benefits no one and actually makes a worse product. As I say, those tiles that aren't changed probably aren't reprocessed until they're updated on WME. So to update them for no reason it causes a rebuild and higher server load, making it crap for everyone else.
These people need suspended or removed and banned for good.
Hard to imagine how some people have so little to do with their sad lives that points on a SatNav mean more than getting a job!

xteejx

Previous

Return to Ireland