Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Hands free Reporting, responds in a different language

Post by chrisfromwa
Hi,
I just installed Waze a few days ago and really likes it.

But I've noticed something that is really strange.
If I activate the hands free reporting, it will ask me 'traffic, police' etc.

So for example I say police, but then it responds in some other language. I think it's Spanish and then says 'OK?'

I don't know what it's asking me to do, and I'm not really able to submit a report.

Is this a known bug?

I'm using a EVO3D with ICS.

Thanks
Chris
chrisfromwa

POSTER_ID:12536882

Send a message

Post by chrisfromwa
Thanks for replying;

If this is the case, I'm not sure why it would be having hard time understanding me.

I use the voice-text feature of my phone all the time, and it normally gets it right. But Waze gets everything wrong.

Is this a Waze issue?
chrisfromwa
Send a message

Post by chrisfromwa
WeeeZer14 wrote:As far as I understand, Waze just leverages what the phone already has. Have you used voice to text while driving around at speed in your car? The added road noise may give different results than sitting in your living room ;)
No that's what I mean, the voice to text works fine while driving.

This is the only program where I've had this behavior.
chrisfromwa
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
I'm on iOS but from what I remember hearing is that Android voice command works differently than on iOS. On iOS we just way what we want and Waze does it. But on Android it will report back what it thinks you said and ask you to confirm. So if you say "police" and you hear something strange, that means your phone isn't understanding you.

And when it DOES understand you, you need to tell it "Okay" for it to do anything.

Someone with Android experience please correct me if I got it wrong.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by WeeeZer14
As far as I understand, Waze just leverages what the phone already has. Have you used voice to text while driving around at speed in your car? The added road noise may give different results than sitting in your living room ;)
WeeeZer14
Send a message
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)

Post by WeeeZer14
Sorry, I'm at my limit of what I know. Hopefully someone else can chime in.
WeeeZer14
Send a message