Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by mouseRider
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I usually do a disconnect or depending on the situation, just delete the road being changed especially if it is not going to exist in the future either. I don't rely on turn restrictions very often because they are not foolproof an Waze can and does route through them if it calculates a lower penalty for doing so.

--
If it looks strange, or I used bad grammar or misspelled anything, it's my phone's fault.
I just encountered this situation around Marshalls Creek, PA. Massive constructions in that area and two bridges were out and Waze was directing me to the first then to the second as a redirect.

I've since used turn-restrictions on both to reflect the construction as I'm not certain how long the work will be and hesitant to delete the closed segment.

Perhaps a COMMENT field in the Map Editor would be another great feature to have to allow contributors to attach a comment to certain changes.

The unpredictability of the LiveMap update schedule is probably the one thing that would toss a wrench into any effort to get the maps beneficially up-to-date with construction closures and even more so for short-term and very-short-term closures—All of which could be a great advantage to Wazers if they are accurately reflected in a timely manner.
mouseRider
Send a message

Post by tdsm
Any news on this, guys?
Waze warning you about traffic jams ahead is great. Getting stuck in the city because of closed roads = :x :evil:
tdsm
Send a message

Post by vnikolic
I have been looking for the same options. Here in Toronto, ON, we regularly have roads closed for construction, and being able to mark that on the fly could save us all HOURS in traffic. IE, a simple (and sometimes frequent) highway exit closure on my way home from work makes me travel another 5km in heavy traffic to another exit! And than I have to travel 5km back! However, if I know it's closed, I can take an exit 1km earlier and take a detour home.

A reporting option on the phone would be fantastic, rather than having to edit maps later on. This way anyone could report it, and Wase could reroute and recalculate routes accordingly. Also having an option to mark the duration of closure (here they are regularly marked with construction start/finish dates - they sometimes go later, but they never finish earlier). So setting an end date or hour for closure would be amazing!!!!!
vnikolic
Send a message

Post by WassupET
Why minimize it to road closures, what about closed gas stations or restaurants! As for roads why not allow the user the option to include or exclude user generated closures or grant a trusted status as mentioned above. For emergencies and disasters like the hurricane this is an essential for people to get around safely and efficiently.
WassupET
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
The saving grace for a malicious user reporting a freeway closed would have to be OTHER Wazers CURRENTLY on the same segment. Say 3 Wazers are driving on the Freeway around the same time and place (details of what is close enough time and distance wise would have to be determined). One reports road closed. The other two fly by at freeway speed like nothing is wrong. Waze could then ignore the report.

If there are enough Wazer's, it shouldn't be an issue.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator