Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by KB_Steveo
I am still having lots of problems with map squares not loading at close zoom levels - this causes routing problems that are very annoying. It's better with the 3.5.1.4 update, but still happening. Please see this thread for pics of what's happening.
KB_Steveo
Send a message
images/ranks/BetaTester_Badge.png[img]https:///nRpy81[/img]
WI State Manager
NE Wisconsin Area Manager (Green Bay / Appleton / Sturgeon Bay)
Wisconsin mapping resources curator

Post by KB_Steveo
CrackedLCD wrote:Still though, it doesn't explain why my icon will often face the wrong direction when I'm stopped at an intersection. It's not technically new behaviour, but it's a lot worse since this update.
Interesting, I had a similar problem at a particular intersection, but it has stopped completely since one of the last 2 releases (not sure which one though.)
KB_Steveo
Send a message
images/ranks/BetaTester_Badge.png[img]https:///nRpy81[/img]
WI State Manager
NE Wisconsin Area Manager (Green Bay / Appleton / Sturgeon Bay)
Wisconsin mapping resources curator

Post by khaytsus
I have had a ton of Waze crashes the last few days, I don't know what is going on. If seems to happen at predictable times, like at stops. I also get crashes if I click the advertisements so I wonder if it is related.
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... ze-500.gif

Post by Khw59
perlin wrote:
gerben wrote:
gerben wrote:I have a small screen, so the apps zooms out very fast. At normal freeway speeds, not a single road is visible, only landmarks, city polygons and the route line.
Perlin, can you comment on this too?
Please provide more information: screen resolution, auto-zoom selection and a screenshot.

Same issue on Razr Maxx(no mods) with zooming out past about the 20 mile scale(est) on the screen.
Alerts and wazers remain but the roads disappear. No auto zoom, logs sent.

I have.
removed, deleted folder, cleared cashes and reinstalled. No correction. This occurred after the update. On a GSII with a fresh install it also has the same issue.
Khw59
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
This relates to TTS, but here's the full story.

3.5 version was updated through Play store, no problems. Navigated to work fine this morning.
I saw the Waze Google+ posting on "Robin" and decided to install it to play around later. Selected Waze integration while briefly looking at it at work, and shut it down.

Later when starting Waze to verify a menu option for someone. Waze just would not start, as it could not connect. I was connected on Wi-Fi at the time, so thought it was a network issue. Switched Wi-Fi off & tried 3G. Still the same - Waze could not connect to the network. A colleague verified that he connected fine, so I cleared Wazes data from Apps settings.
Voila, that worked ! Looks like Robin broke my Waze, but I'll figure that out later..

When I drove back home, I obviously had to set ASR back on as all my setting was toast. Restarted and set course home, and then Serena said in her finest English voice "Lets get streeteted".
I thought I heard wrong, but looked at the TTS files when I got back. The TTS in both files that says 'started' are pronounced as 'streeteted'.

It looks like 'St' is now overcompensated for after being pronounced as Saint all over. It's probably a good thing that Serena did not tel me to get "Saint-eted". That would have ended my editing career.

Here's the links to both files on my dropbox public folder as I cannot upload .tts to the forum :
Let's get streeteted.
Let's get streeteted. Drive Safely.

We should really get TTS sorted if there is no form of whitespace between word abbreviations. 'N1' is not 'North One'. Fine if it was 'N 1' is, but parsing text can seriously be improved.
Better get streeteted on fixing this asap.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by Kuhlkatz
I could be smoking my socks, but when a better route is found popup appears, it might be interfering with TTS.
I had 3 notices in succession this morning, and when manually closing the final notification I got an exit left TTS which was less than 100 meters before the exit.
With 4 lanes to cross in peak flow, this cannot be done without being an idiot, so had no option but wait out the delay about 1km beyond this point of no return.
Even if the suggested route is a valid alternative, and one that I would normally take in an extreme situation, Waze itself has never routed me around this way before. I also never checked if this was the initial route, as I left Waze to automatically start navigation when I left home.

I cannot safely say if it was actually just a last-minute change or if the previous pop-ups blanketed the 1km exit left notice, but I'll keep an eye open for this.

Did anyone else have something similar?
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
That pinkish route reminds me of a not so major problem.
When navigating and you go to the stop option in the menu, even when you do not select a stop, the route is highlighted as the pinkish one from there, not the original purple marker.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by luisvale
Hi

I'm trying to use Waze 3.5.1.4 on a Samsung Galaxy s3 4g (LTE) model GT-i9305 running Android 4.1.1 but Waze keeps crashing whatever I try to do. I've been submiting the crash reports but do we have a reasonable expectation to have Waze working on this phone ?

best regards

luis
luisvale
Send a message

Post by luisvale
deeggo wrote:To the last two posters: please try removing all application settings and cache and temp files from the applications menu, then removing Waze app, then remove the entire Waze folder on sd and after that a clean reinstall from play store.
Hi

thanks although I had done it 2 or 3 times. Also the phone is brand new so the install was fresh. Previously I had Waze running on iPhone 3gs and for a few days on a Android 4.04 from ZTE (ZTE Skate Acqua) without issues. Also it still is able to run on my old Nokia e71 :)

this issue with this phone is a PIA.... :)

brgds

luis
luisvale
Send a message

Post by luisvale
Also tried various network settings but always crashed. I can replicate the crashes easily. Just open waze and go to settings. Crashes immediately everytime.

Luis

edit:

After cleaning up Waze, I installed beta 3.5.1.905 and the problems continue. Waze starts ok, but after going to settings it crashes.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 4G - GT-i9305

Android version 4.1.1
luisvale
Send a message