Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by BlazeTool
Just was looking back through this for fun
I am prepared to argue legally that airborne data creation is not prohibited in the terms, conditions, and use agreements for the Service, and consequently, manipulation of such data afterwards through deletion, is also not a prohibited activity and not injurious to the Service.
Good luck to him with that given
Waze retains the right to block your access to the Service and discontinue your use of the Service, at any time and for any reason Waze deems appropriate, at its sole and absolute discretion.
His cheating doesn't have to be against the TOS given the TOS specifies that accounts may be terminated for any reason.
BlazeTool
Send a message

Post by fzs122
I'm not trying to implicate anyone (I just want to see this problem fixed once and for all), but I've seen what looks to be paving by air for the last couple of months. I've deleted close to 100 of these in the north Atlanta, GA area. All of the segments were created by Haralambos(3).

I've been cleaning it up as I encounter it, but it's become an annoying waste of the time I could be using to make real map improvements.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-84.45 ... TTTTTTTTFT

Any ideas how to prevent the issue?
fzs122
Send a message
Attachments
Cumming, GA USA

Post by fzs122
Issue raised via nanoRep. Thanks for the tip!
fzs122
Send a message
Cumming, GA USA

Post by fzs122
I received a reply from the nanoRep. The nanoRep said, "it's not a case of using an aircraft, but rather a loss of cell-reception." They are going to contact the user about it.
fzs122
Send a message
Cumming, GA USA

fzs122
Send a message
Attachments
Cumming, GA USA

Post by harling
You'd think Waze would look at the vehicle speed, and award negative points for paving above a certain (undisclosed) threshold, say 100mph.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by jemay
I already reported somebody else that has done the same thing. In fact this person was doing it to get points. He thought it was the best / fastest way to get points. So if you see this make sure you report it!!!!
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by jondrush
There was a local airport with several Waze traces from the runway and surrounding. Per someone's brilliant suggestion, I renamed the runways "DO NOT WAZE IN AN AIRPLANE!"
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by nnote
jondrush wrote:There was a local airport with several Waze traces from the runway and surrounding. Per someone's brilliant suggestion, I renamed the runways "DO NOT WAZE IN AN AIRPLANE!"

Your welcome :D
All my local runways are named "Please dont waze in flight" (and locked)
Did that about a year ago when I noticed numorous GPS tracks to and from the airports
nnote
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
USA Territories Regional Coordinator : USA Champ : L6 State Manager Arizona

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png

Waze Arizona Twitter

Post by PalmettoC
Nice! :roll:
It's sad that one would need to spell out in the TOS that this is only for autos.
PalmettoC
Send a message