The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by skbun
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Why are these three segments 1-way? I see no advantage to parallel 1-way segments. It would be simpler and just as effective to use 2-way segments here.
Oh geez, THAT one. Guilty! :) The reason I did it like this in the first place was because it was brought to my attention by a an automated missing road UR with the wideness of Admiral Way/the slip roads on this god awful intersection. I started simple, and these get more complex when I check all paths to be sure directions in and out make an ounce of sense, and also won't recalculate to another (wrong) segment.

On a field trip, I found that turn instructions to and from these roads had nothing to do with their actual road names. EVERYTHING signed inbound is 'to blah blah blah', not the street names you are in fact turning onto which aren't visible. Zoom into 2m and you'll see some angles put in solely for reasonable TTS.

FWIW, not one UR since I changed all of this, so I hope it's giving people what they need to get through, anyway.

Sadly, I've seen even worse than this elsewhere in Seattle metro. Mmm.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
skbun
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/2a/W ... 00k_5c.png

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA

Post by WeeeZer14
rottielover wrote:Use Case: user is navigating to South I-270 and is driving in the left lane of McDonnell Blvd prior to Brown rd. I think the client should be giving a "get in" or "stay in" "the right lane" instruction just prior to the brown rd intersection, and then giving the exit right instruction after the brown rd intersection.
In this situation, when you are north of Brown Rd headed south, what is Waze giving as the next instruction? Keep right to I-270 W / Kansas City?
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator