Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Re: Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

Postby perlin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:45 am

pvaladares wrote:
perlin wrote:I'm sorry for the confusion, but the feature of reporting gas prices is not embedded in Portugal yet. If you can see the button of "Gas Prices" in the report menu then this is a bug. I'll appreciate if you send me a screenshot of that.

I visited Spain and got the feature unlocked.
The gas prices worked good so far.
Now it just shows the 'no gps available' message.

In Spain this feature is available. I guess the button got stuck and stayed on your screen when you got back to Portugal. Can you try re-installing (plus deleting waze folder)?
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Re: Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

Postby Kaffesnoken » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi! (again...)

The automatic day / night mode does not work on my waze. It worked as it should before the sun receded below the horizon all day. I live about 400 km north of the arctic circle. The sun will stay below untill January 19, and this forces me to use manual night mode.

My set-up:
Waze 3.5.1.4
Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Area Manager, Tromsø, og Midt-Troms
Kaffesnoken

Postby a4bolek » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:40 pm

CrackedLCD wrote:Is there any way for Waze to scale up better on devices with high resolution screens? I'm in love with my new Droid DNA and its 1920x1080 5" screen, but Waze's map graphics are so small as to be almost unreadable at all but the closest zoom levels now on the 2D view. The speedometer also renders partially behind the alert button on the right side of the screen.

I do enjoy seeing a lot more of the surrounding map when zoomed out, but when I am following streets and looking for specific names, it's really hard to make out. (I'd attach a screenshot but it's a nice big clean looking image on my monitor, not the little 5" rectangle I actually see..)

This was brought up several times during beta. Younger generation said fonts look great and case was closed. Users of larger then 4.7" displays are penalized with fonts that are less then 0.5 mm high. Basic layout is horrible with buttons that are mismatched in size. North arrow that can't find its center.

I have shown Waze to few of my friends with idevices and first reaction was always OMG that looks like ransom note. Waze needs to hire graphics artist :D
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1
a4bolek

Postby a4bolek » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:47 pm

noralf wrote:Hi! (again...)

The automatic day / night mode does not work on my waze. It worked as it should before the sun receded below the horizon all day. I live about 400 km north of the arctic circle. The sun will stay below untill January 19, and this forces me to use manual night mode.

My set-up:
Waze 3.5.1.4
Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Search Play Store for Night Mode app. It takes care of overly bright buttons, menus and other elements that Waze designers forgot when developing night mode.
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1
a4bolek

Postby CBenson » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:19 pm

perlin wrote:
CBenson wrote:I continue to have the problem that whenever I add a stop, waze tells me to proceed to highlighted route even though I am on the highlighted route.
The attachment PTAHRAAS.jpg is no longer available

Please send logs and mention the date & time of the problem.

This is entirely repeatable. It happens whenever I add a stop. However, I'm unable to send logs on this issue.
uhoh.jpg
uhoh.jpg (33.5 KiB) Viewed 982 times

This attempt was at 7:46 am EST (12:46 GMT) today Dec. 12.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Den_in_USA » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:15 pm

Feature Request: Since we can assume that Waze users are driving while using, and that their phone is mounted somewhere on the dashboard of their car, all of the popup menus need to be readable at a distance of between 18 and 24 inches. Therefore I suggest that all popup windows fill the screen allowing for at least a matrix (5x8) of 40 selection icons. No need to have a scrollable box. In addition, on-screen icons for up to 4 shortcut icons such as "Heavy Traffic" that would "send" your report as soon as you press the shortcut. And of course, get rid of the annoying popup traffic reports.
Software Test Designer, CareFusion
T-Mobile| Dell Streak 5| Android 2.2.2
Den_in_USA

Postby autourdupc » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Den_in_USA wrote:Feature Request: Since we can assume that Waze users are driving while using, and that their phone is mounted somewhere on the dashboard of their car, all of the popup menus need to be readable at a distance of between 18 and 24 inches. Therefore I suggest that all popup windows fill the screen allowing for at least a matrix (5x8) of 40 selection icons. No need to have a scrollable box. In addition, on-screen icons for up to 4 shortcut icons such as "Heavy Traffic" that would "send" your report as soon as you press the shortcut. And of course, get rid of the annoying popup traffic reports.

+1
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby autourdupc » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Feature Request
In France, some users use the "coyote" system.
it is a non-free systems that permits to alert on dangers on roads, traffic and so on.
Because exact localisation of police is forbidden, Coyote only alerts on danger area...
Now, we can find speed camera that calculate the average speed on a portion of road.
On Coyote, the system indicates in big on the screen (when the app is on phone device) the actual speed and the upper maximum speed you can reach if you want to be below the average limit.

On Waze, we need to declare the first police trap and the last one. After validation on the map, Waze will know the distance between the 2 points, and the speed limit.
Waze will be able to calculate the average speed of the car in real time between the 2 points and display the necessary informations on the screen.

I think it is urgent now that Waze takes in consideration these new kinds of police trap... France will have many of them in a near future.
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Re: Re: Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

Postby pvaladares » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:05 am

perlin wrote:
pvaladares wrote:
perlin wrote:I'm sorry for the confusion, but the feature of reporting gas prices is not embedded in Portugal yet. If you can see the button of "Gas Prices" in the report menu then this is a bug. I'll appreciate if you send me a screenshot of that.

I visited Spain and got the feature unlocked.
The gas prices worked good so far.
Now it just shows the 'no gps available' message.

In Spain this feature is available. I guess the button got stuck and stayed on your screen when you got back to Portugal. Can you try re-installing (plus deleting waze folder)?

For some reason, it is work ok now :D
I plan to keep this feature till Waze officially releases the Gas Stations in Portugal :)
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager for Portugal | Champ | Expert Android and others
Area Manager for Luanda (Angola) and Macau (China)
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
pvaladares
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Den_in_USA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:20 am

Feature Request: Please add one or two more zoom-in levels. Also, have on-screen display of what zoom level you are at.
Software Test Designer, CareFusion
T-Mobile| Dell Streak 5| Android 2.2.2
Den_in_USA

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App