Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Majumdar
My first key impression:

Waze is FINALLY stable when running in the background .... every version prior to the 3.4.x beta / 3.5.x releases would crash if I would switch to another mobile app for more than 15-20 seconds.

Now it stays running for essentially the entire drive - which is on average between 30-60 minutes for me.

Good job for that improved stability!
Majumdar
Send a message
Area Manager - Quebec, Canada

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Android 4.4.4 | Waze Beta 3.9.3 | Telus Mobility

Post by Manevitch
I updated Waze to the latest version at about the same time I updated my Galaxy S III to Android 4.1.1, so I'm not quite sure where the problem lies. I drive with a bluetooth headset and it used to be that Waze would automatically mute turn-by-turn directions when I was on a phone call. Now I get the phone call AND the navigation in my ear, so I have to swipe around on my phone to stop navigation when I'm on a call. This, obviously, is a bad thing when I'm relying on Waze to provide driving directions.

Any thoughts?
Manevitch
Send a message

Post by MartVR6
Downloaded this morning the newest Waze 3.5.1.4 from Google Play and it gives me No Network connection and gets Waze closed.
So reinstalled it after removal and still No Network connection.
Cant use Waze anymore now, please help
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i on Android 2.3.3

After battery remove and restart i got back a working Waze app :grin:
MartVR6
Send a message
Last edited by MartVR6 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by maryjayjay
Subject says it all. At this point I'd be happy just getting some acknowledgement that anyone has noted the issue. I keep going back to my old posts, but nothing.

To summarize: When listening to audio in a different app while in Waze the ffw and rew keys work on my BT stereo head unit, but not the pause key. Switching to a different app or pulling down the notification tray allows me to use the pause button, but I don't want to take my hands off the wheel to do this.
maryjayjay
Send a message

Post by Michelozzo
if put Waze in the background after just closes by itself
Michelozzo
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by nqjoe
Hi,

I'm running waze on HTC Hero 2.3.7 flashed with custom rom Shpongledeck v3.7 (kernel version 2.6.29.6-flykernel-13 eran@ubuntuD #253).

When I first installed waze, it runs smoothly for the first 2-3 weeks.

Now, here are issues that I have:
1. Force closed and automatically rebooted my phone on numerous occasions.
2. Now every time I start waze, I received error stating that it "failed to initialize. No network connection". When I click OK, it just exit.

I uninstalled and reinstalled few times - it worked one or two times and then the issues reappear.

I like waze so much that I don't want to switch to any other GPS app :-(

Please help!
nqjoe
Send a message

Post by NTolerance
When Waze is in focus it blocks Bluetooth AVRCP pause commands. Previous track/next track commands work fine, but pause is by far the most important.

When driving, a user should be able to pause music using a headunit with AVRCP without taking eyes off the road. As it is now, you need to switch to another app before you can pause.
NTolerance
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Install ok.

LG P500 Android 2.3.3

All the bugs and bad things from PREVIOUS/PREVIOUS beta.

0. Popup event radius 5km is too big. Allow to choose much smaller radius or disable popups at all while stopped.

1. Searching for gas stations bring results using BRAND line. It makes it hard to understand which gas station is meant. Please use NAME tag, because we use it to make short description of Gas station (brand + street or district where it is located).

2. After receiving gas station/any other category results and showing them on map, if I tap any result icon and then tap on map, all result disappear. After rotating phone they appear again. But disappear again if I tap any other result.

3. In landscape mode black bar on top interferes with map North arrow on the right top.

4. If I have working route, and want to add stop DIRECTLY FROM MAP, i long press on some place, select MORE, ADD stop on the way - and it breaks current route, makes new route to selected place, and asks to NOW add a stop. That's wrong. You should be able to add point on the map AS stop on the way to current route from map long press.

5. Watch the guided tour video: "Cannot play video. Sorry, this video cannot be played." How to edit the map video shows only half screen.

6. And please make that menu NOT SCROLLABLE - just FULLSCREEN. I do not take earlier explanations. Fullscreen menu is much safer and comfortable. Or at least make that 3x3 block in portrait mode, there is enough place for that. In landscape mode it is pretty ok with 2x4 block.

Good things:
Preferred gas type saved after reinstall.
Seems to work a little less laggier.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
DG567 wrote:* Android users suffering from poor GPS or poor network connection *
This may be related to system resources. Waze is much improved for me as long as I restart the phone every day after applying updates. Background processes are the usual Android, plus antivirus, plus Whatsapp. Free RAM after restart is approx 120MB.
THIS! I restart the phone every day now. Otherwise after some waze launches it keeps loosing GPS all the time. After restart all is ok. For a day. However I did not see such behavior with other apps. So I believe waze is breaking something in gps settings for some time.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Some more bad things:

A) After successfully updating fuel prices make windows with prices automatically close, otherwise I have to press back or try to press that small "X" on top.

B) When receiving fixed radar message, I can press only "Not there" button, which is very big. Make there button "OK" and only then "not there". Small "x" is too small and again.

C) When receiving any other message "not there" button is first, which makes many people press it first. Change it with "thank you" button.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message