Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Read the forum posting instructions.

If your country has a dedicated forum for unlocks or update requests. See this thread for details first.

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST HERE

Read these rules:
1. Use this forum ONLY if your country does not have a Dedicated Forum for update requests.
2. Read the forum posting instructions.

Level 5 - Denison, TX (US Hwy 75)

Post by AggieJM
Can a Level 5 take a look at this area?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... TTTTTTTTFT

There are three update requests that indicate the routing is directing people off of US Hwy 75 North, then immediately back on. Most of the segments in that area are locked, so I'm unable to make any changes if needed.

Thanks!
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:3323561

Send a message

Post by AggieJM
I didn't see anything obviously wrong that would cause the problem either. The only thing I noticed was that the cities were different on those segments of 75. The segment north of where the ramp enters is Denison, the segments to the south do not have a city. I know I've seen other threads where segment name differences would cause Waze to route to an exit and back on, but will the city name difference do the same thing?

Also, I noticed that most of the ramps in that area (except the two on this report) have reverse connectivity issues. Do those need to be cleaned up?
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AggieJM
I fixed the ones that I could, but I still see quite a few along that section of highway that are on locked segments that I don't have access to fix.

Also, this turn restriction needs to be updated:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... s=48728553

The highlighted "N Hwy 75" road segment was previously set to 2-way traffic when it's only a 1-way road. It needs to have the allowed turn to merge onto US Hwy 69 N. The segments of 69 are locked so I can update the turn.
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AggieJM
I just got an answer on whether the city name difference will cause this problem in another thread from WeeeZer14. He confirmed that different city names on the segments by the entry and exit are enough to make Waze think it's a different road and use the exit/entry as a valid route.

txemt (or any other Level 5), can you update those segments of US Hwy 75 (both N and S) in that area to remove the Denison city information from them? Since that area is right on the Red River and Denison is further south, those segments shouldn't be marked as Denison anyway. Hopefully this will resolve the exit/entry URs.

Also, it looks like there is one short segment of 75 S just across from the Exit 74 ramp that is labeled as US Hwy 69 S when the segments before and after it are US Hwy 75 S.

Once that's done, this whole section of highway can be locked up again.
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AggieJM
Then all of the segments to the south will need to be updated to reflect Denison so that there is consistency.
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AggieJM
It looks like the issue of routing people off the highway at Exit 74 northbound and right back on has returned. I see there is a UR out there from yesterday for the issue, and I saw another UR last week in the same place noting the same problem.

I routed through there on Friday. When my route was initially generated, the route included using Exit 74 and getting right back on. But when I had reached that area (after a couple of re-calcs due to me going off-route), it did not give me that instruction in that area. Not sure why it was in the original path, but then not there when I reached the area.

Ideas on how to fix this one permanently?
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AggieJM
CBenson wrote:Don't have the freeway name change at the junction at the end of the ramp.
Considering that the name does change there since US-69 merges with US-75 and is designated US-69 from that point north, how would this be handled? Those segments are all Level 5 locked anyway, so I'll need someone else to make the update.
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Don't have the freeway name change at the junction at the end of the ramp.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Because that's how waze decided to solve the problem.
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 50#p108262
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902