Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jasonh300
olestas wrote:In which FAQ?
The one at www.Waze.com/wiki

Scroll down a bit and you'll see a link to it.

Once you get into the FAQ, look at item #15.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
dirgela wrote:This feature is so annoying that people will ask it all the time, no FAQs will help, because even after they will read the FAQ they will still not believe this can't be turned off and will ask here if the FAQ is correct :)
The FAQ is pretty clear that it can be turned off. With a FAQ entry, instead of retyping the same answer 1000 times per month, I simply get to write, "read the FAQ" (with link).
I tried what the FAQ suggested and haven't noticed any other ill effects like lack of traffic avoidance. It was pretty seamless, other than that I don't get those annoying popups anymore.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Mike-1323 wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:I tried what the FAQ suggested and haven't noticed any other ill effects like lack of traffic avoidance. It was pretty seamless, other than that I don't get those annoying popups anymore.
Do you still have real-time traffic conditions and user reports showing up? I though that the FAQ solution eliminated those as well.
It eliminates the popups, but the routing server still gives me routing based on where the traffic is (or isn't). I don't see roads turning yellow and red anymore, but that doesn't matter to me because I let navigation handle it. I don't go looking for red roads to plan my route around. If I need to do that for any reason, I can always turn it back on.

I'm looking now and I can't see any of the user reported traffic alerts bubbles, accidents, etc on the map.

When I click Menu > Reports, I get a 0.

Now that I'm looking at all this, it's fine for my day to day usage because I don't normally have to do any long trips in heavy traffic, but if I did, I'd have to turn this option back on so I could get some idea of what's going on.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Nocty wrote:I am starting to see pop ups (when before I wasn't) for items >50km away in the opposite direction, not even close to an area that I've driven in (with or without Waze). I have checked the appropriate settings (as mentioned here and in the FAQ) and cannot see why it has changed after a month or so of no problems.
Try turning off the Group popups. Under Settings / Social / Pop-up reports / None

The group popups will show you reports made by members of your group regardless of where the reports were made and where you are.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by karakvuk
+1
show info about route or disable
karakvuk
Send a message
Hungary

Post by kruget
Please make the radius smaller, or restrict it only from the active route (and alternatives).
5 mile radius is still disturbing.
kruget
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
This was reported as fixed about an hour ago in the experts forum.
Stationary pop-ups was not limited just to the route, but showed unrelated info as well since yesterday.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by m4rc072
absolutely! You must make sure to only activate the pop-up alerts on my itinerary.
especially in view of the arrival of ads pop up, I think that a company is willing to pay for a notice of a potential customer who can stop at the store.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by m4rc072
+1

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by miguelmorales85
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:There should be the option to disable these. There should also be the option to restrict to a smaller radius, and there should be the option to show only those on my route.
THIS!! :evil:

..please :roll:
miguelmorales85
Send a message