Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by leoviotti
The Wiki page Junction Style Guide is a great help and probably the best way to work with intersections. There are a few sites in the wiki where end-nodes are mentioned. They are important for routing. If they are not been added the routing starts from the next connected road.
An absolute must-read, I didn't know it existed, the wiki sometimes don't point un anywhere... google located it easier.
It takes time. When i started editing in bangkok more than two years ago it was a mess of unconnected roads and a few poor freeways. But navigation is much better now in the city. As i came to Thailand last year, i was able to find a perfect route from Suvarnabhumi to Sukhumvit 20/1. And we don't stop :-)
I remember that, back in the end of 2010... I was trying to drive around Pridibanomyong, but most roads were non-existent or totally wrong. I started fixing there (I was living there back then). Unfortunately I stopped for a long time, the old editor was @$#ˆ$% slow to use (and even the new one, totally HORRIBLE to use from Thailand, until they turned the old one off a couple of months ago - now it's ok). I barely use the routing function though, but it would be nice to have that working... I have Sygic, the paid one, but sometimes it misses the roads by A LOT, or makes me go out from the tollway just to go back minutes later... anyway, long way to go, but much better now than it was before.
The locking has a few good side effects. People start to contact us, i've had a few mails in the past from editors in BKK. The other thing - as long as this d... automatic changes thing is existing in waze - you can protect roads that are close to each other from changing the direction. I've found a few roads messed up by the system a few weeks ago, and i know definitely that i have set the proper direction.
It is not necessary to lock anything of course especially unnamed stuff, but at least complicated intersections.
Right, first time I spoke to you was probably because something locked that I wanted to edit. :P
Soi names are a little bit tricky here. Eyerybody knows Tong Lor Rd. But on the plaques Sukhumvit 55 is the first thing we see. Sometimes im not quiet sure what to use or should been corrected. Mostly i use the numnered main part of the plaque cause also all visitors use these names to describe anything.
The other "nickname" would find a good place in the alt names field.
My only "problem" with the alternate names, is that they don't really show while driving, only maybe in a search. I like the system here, of odd-even numbered sois, makes it much easier to drive in the maze when you get how things work, but it's always good to have the soi name in display, when you ask for directions.
For ex, some people only know "Soi Anamai", if you ask for On Nut 39 while on Srinagarindra, or Srinagarindra 24 while in OnNut, they will look lost. Say "Soi Anamai" and they know instantly where is it.
Perhaps leaving a small segment of the road with the name and the main part with the number... or... I don't know, really don't.
Another question is: What you know about real Speed-Cams in BKK? Two months ago i have found more than 2500 reported speedcams in the editor, which were never been approved, some were approved in Areas where definitely no speedcams are installed. I've heard about Stories from my friend which lives for more than 10 years here, that people really get bills. But i've never seen one during my rides. I've read in the newspapapers that they are about to install some, but not 2500 i guess :-)
So this brings me to two opinions, most people don't know the difference between traffic cams and speedcams or they are really good hided :-)
Speaking frankly, they do exist, I've seen it a few times in Mittraphap Rd, in the mountain area in Nakhon Ratchasima, in the middle of the road and *always ALWAYS* with a person beside it. Other than that, I only know the surveillance cameras. And considering how I drive, when traffic allows, I would know if there were speed cams everywhere... :mrgreen:
Well just let me know when you find a few hours. It would be great to have a laptop or anything else, so i can show you a few tricks. If you know some other editors who are willing to join us, just activate them :-)
Will do, I'll be around in xmas week anyway... but I'm easier to find by Skype or Google Talk (same name as here, everywhere).
Just call me :-) -> "๐๘๓-๑๓๙-๘๗๐๘"

So today is my birthday and we gonna rock that crap out of bkk tonight :-)

See ya
Argus
OH, I just saw this message... happy late birthday anyway! :D
leoviotti
Send a message

Post by MisterMaru
แวะมาร่วมแจมครับ
มือใหม่ รันบน 5800 :oops:
MisterMaru
Send a message

Post by schanon
สวัสดีครับชาว Waze ทุกท่าน

นามแฝงของผมใน Waze คือ schanon ยินดีที่ได้รู้จักทุกท่านนะครับ (ใช้ Waze บน iPhome ครับ) หากเจอกันบนท้องถนนก็ Ping มาหาได้ครับ โดยปกติแล้วผมจะวนเวียนอยู่ในแถบกรุงเทพมหานครนี้ แต่มีบ้านที่ปราจีนบุรีด้วยเลยไปกลับ กรุงเทพ-ปราจีนบุรี บ่อยๆ ซึ่งตอนนี้ได้เป็น Area Manager ของ จ.ปราจีนบุรี อยู่ 2 อำเภอด้วยกัน คือ อ.เมือง และ อ.ศรีมหาโพธิ (บางส่วน) หากใครต้องการให้ เคลื่อน ลบ เปลี่ยนชื่อ หรือจัดการถนน สามารถแจ้งมาได้นะครับ ตอนนี้กำลังสร้างเมืองปราจีนบุรีอยู่ โดยพยายามสร้างถนนเส้นหลักไว้ก่อนครับ

ผมเห็นด้วยเรื่องการตั้งมาตรฐานการตั้งชื่อและประเภทของถนน จึงขออนุญาตแสดงความคิดเห็นและนำเสนอรูปแบบคร่าวๆ โดยการอ้างอิงจาก Waze Wiki ผมขอเสนอให้มีการตั้งชื่อและประเภทของถนน เป็นดังนี้ครับ
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... name_roads

Freeway ใช้สำหรับ
- ทางหลวงแผ่นดินเลขหลักเดียว เช่น พหลโยธิน (1), เพชรเกษม (4) หรือ ทางหลวงแผ่นดินหมายเลข 7 (มอเตอร์เวย์)
- ทางหลวงแผ่นดินหมายเลขสองหลักหรือทางพิเศษระหว่างเมือง เช่น ทางหลวงแผ่นดินหมายเลข 11 (อินทร์บุรี-เชียงใหม่) หรือทางหลวงแผ่นดินหมายเลข 36 (กะทิงลาย-ปลวกเกตุ) หรือถนนบายพาสพัทยา-ระยอง
- ทางด่วน, ทางยกระดับ เช่น ทางด่วนเฉลิมมหานคร ทางด่วนบูรพาวิถี

ตรงนี้ค่อนข้างเห็นต่างจากคุณ benzin สักเล็กน้อยครับ เรื่องที่ว่าทางด่วนไม่ควรใช้คำว่า Free Way ผมคิดว่าทางด่วนควรใช้คำว่า Free Way เพราะตามคำนิยามของ Waze Wiki ได้รวมทางด่วน (expressways) ไว้ในหมวด Free Way ด้วย

คำว่า Free Way อาจจะไม่ได้มีความจำเป็นจะต้องฟรีก็ได้แต่หมายถึงทางหลวงหลัก ซึ่งในประเทศไทยเราแบ่งความสำคัญของทางหลวงตามหมายเลขโดยบ่งชี้ที่จำนวนของหลักเลข ในที่นี้ทางหลวงที่สำคัญที่สุดคือทางหลวงแผ่นดินที่มีเลขหลักเดียว ผมจึงเห็นสมควรว่าเราควรให้ทางหลวงแผ่นดินที่มีเลขหลักเดียวและสองหลักใช้ประเภทถนนเป็น Free Way ได้

Freeway
These are interstates (such as I-90), highways, freeways and expressways that are multi-lane, divided roads with no stops (no traffic lights, exit and entrance from/to the road is through ramps)

Major Highway ใช้สำหรับ
- ทางหลวงแผ่นดินรหัสเลข 3 หลัก

Minor Highways
- ทางหลวงแผ่นดินรหัสเลข 4 หลัก

Ramps
- สะพาน

Primary Street
- ถนนหลัก เช่น ถนนจันทร์ ถนนเจริญนคร ถนนพระรามที่ 3 หรือ ถนนเทศบาลดำริ ใน จ.หวัดปราจีนบุรี ที่เป็นถนนเส้นหลักของ อ.เมือง

Street
- ตรอก ซอย ทั้งมีชื่อและไม่มีชื่อ และถนนที่ไม่ใช่ถนนหลัก เช่น ซอยพหลโยธิน 43 หรือถนนขนาดเล็กในต่างจังหวัด เช่น ถนนเทศบาล 5 เป็นต้น

หมายเหตุ
- ถ้าทางหลวงแผ่นดินเส้นใดมีชื่อเรียกอย่างอื่นนอกจากเลขรหัสด้วย เช่น ทางหลวงแผ่นดินหมายเบลข 304 ในแต่ละช่วงมีชื่อเรียกต่างกันถึง 3 ชื่อ ได้แก่ สุวินทวงศ์ รามอินทรา และแจ้งวัฒนะ ให้ใส่ชื่อถนนแล้ววงเล็บด้วยรหัสถนน เช่น Suwinthawong (304) , Raminthra (304) หรือทางหลวงแผ่นดินหมายเลข 320 ช่วงที่ผ่าน อ.เมืองปราจีนบุรีจะมีชื่อว่า ถนนราษฏรดำริ ก็ให้ใส่เป็น Ratdamri (320) โดยที่จุดเริ่มต้นและจุดสิ้นสุดของช่วงถนนที่ใช้ชื่อใดๆ อยู่ตรงไหนให้อ้างอิงจาก Google Maps เป็นต้น

ขอบคุณครับ

ปล. ตามที่คุณ argus-cronos เคยแนะนำว่าควรเขียนเป็นภาษาอังกฤษด้วย เพราะ Area Manager หล่ายท่านไม่ใช่คนไทย คงต้องรบกวนผู้ที่มีความสันทักเรื่องภาษาช่วยแล้วหละครับ แหะๆ :oops:
schanon
Send a message

Post by suwath
ใช้ waze บน BB9700 ครับ.. เป็น beta เวอร์ชั่น ยังไม่มีระบบสร้างถนนเลย
เลยขับได้อย่างเดียว :roll:
suwath
Send a message

Post by suwath
เห็นด้วยกับคุณ เบนซินครับ ของเดิมจะแก้ไขคงต้องอาศัย Area Manager ช่วย :roll:
suwath
Send a message

Post by suwath
ลองสร้าง page Wazer คนไทยบน facebook ใครใช้ facebook ไปแจมกัน
http://www.facebook.com/pages/klum-khn- ... 4034081614
suwath
Send a message

Post by suwath
มีสมาชิกเพจครบ 25 คน ตั้ง URL สั้นๆได้ละ http://facebook.com/ThaiWazer แวะไปเยี่ยมเยียนกันได้ :D
suwath
Send a message

Post by world_9q6ctjb7
New wazer in Thailand saying hi to everyone, eager to help, have a motorbike plus Iphone 14

ร้านดอกไม้ใกล้ฉัน
world_9q6ctjb7
Send a message

Post by ziggula
มีวิธีอื่นที่จะลบถนนที่เราไม่ได้สร้างมั้ยครับ พอดีมีถนนลากมั่วอยู่แต่ลบไม่ได้
ziggula
Send a message