Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Read the forum posting instructions.

If your country has a dedicated forum for unlocks or update requests. See this thread for details first.

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST HERE

Read these rules:
1. Use this forum ONLY if your country does not have a Dedicated Forum for update requests.
2. Read the forum posting instructions.

Albany, NY Update Request

Post by adamgirard
Strange situation going on at the beginning of the Adirondack Northway. This issue has been occurring for several months now but I can't seem to figure out why, as on WME it looks correct but on the client it doesn't. We have gone through countless map updates with this problem still existing on the client. Can anyone figure out what's going on here?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-73.84 ... TTTTTTTTFT
adamgirard

POSTER_ID:4481348

Send a message
Attachments

Post by adamgirard
Unfortunately, in the new map update the client routes me onto Schoolhouse Road and upon looking on WME I see the turn onto the on ramp is restricted, and it is locked at level 5. Can you please open up the turn onto the ramp? Thanks.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-73.84 ... s=34622714
adamgirard
Send a message

Post by adamgirard
The original problem persists on the new map update. The turn is now enabled again but the map is messed up. I really don't understand the discrepancy between the map on WME and the client. I've seen this in other areas as well, when I flag them as map problems they never get resolved because the map on WME is fine!

Attached is a screen shot from today, you can see there is this phantom road that bows out to the left of Western Ave. It's not there on WME, or real life.
adamgirard
Send a message
Attachments

Post by adamgirard
orbitc wrote:Everything looks good on this end.
Yeah, that's the problem. It is fine in WME and after a dozen updates to my client map over the course of months this issue remains the same.
adamgirard
Send a message

Post by adamgirard
I haven't, unfortunately I don't have access to another phone with Waze installed on it. Thanks for all your help!
adamgirard
Send a message

Post by chrysrobyn
orbitc wrote:Just curious...have you tried different device? Another phone maybe.
I've looked with the client myself, and it shows up as the screen shot depicts, in 2D and 3D.
chrysrobyn
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by orbitc
Hi There,
I tried to improve the map in this area. I added different levels and moved the turn angles a bit....Hope this helps. Good luck. Please let me know, after the next tiles update that you issue is resolved.
Orbitc
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
adamgirard wrote:Unfortunately, in the new map update the client routes me onto Schoolhouse Road and upon looking on WME I see the turn onto the on ramp is restricted, and it is locked at level 5. Can you please open up the turn onto the ramp? Thanks.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-73.84 ... s=34622714
OK. I unlocked everything there. It was locked before I made the change, that is why it remained locked. Anyway...it is unlocked and restriction is enabled.
Let me know if that helps.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
Everything looks good on this end. I'm not sure if it will helps but I would refresh my map on the client.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
Just curious...have you tried different device? Another phone maybe.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!