Thanks, we are checking this issue.Kuhlkatz wrote:This relates to TTS, but here's the full story.
3.5 version was updated through Play store, no problems. Navigated to work fine this morning.
I saw the Waze Google+ posting on "Robin" and decided to install it to play around later. Selected Waze integration while briefly looking at it at work, and shut it down.
Later when starting Waze to verify a menu option for someone. Waze just would not start, as it could not connect. I was connected on Wi-Fi at the time, so thought it was a network issue. Switched Wi-Fi off & tried 3G. Still the same - Waze could not connect to the network. A colleague verified that he connected fine, so I cleared Wazes data from Apps settings.
Voila, that worked ! Looks like Robin broke my Waze, but I'll figure that out later..
When I drove back home, I obviously had to set ASR back on as all my setting was toast. Restarted and set course home, and then Serena said in her finest English voice "Lets get streeteted".
I thought I heard wrong, but looked at the TTS files when I got back. The TTS in both files that says 'started' are pronounced as 'streeteted'.
It looks like 'St' is now overcompensated for after being pronounced as Saint all over. It's probably a good thing that Serena did not tel me to get "Saint-eted". That would have ended my editing career.
Here's the links to both files on my dropbox public folder as I cannot upload .tts to the forum :
Let's get streeteted.
Let's get streeteted. Drive Safely.
We should really get TTS sorted if there is no form of whitespace between word abbreviations. 'N1' is not 'North One'. Fine if it was 'N 1' is, but parsing text can seriously be improved.
Better get streeteted on fixing this asap.
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
We are now changing the looks of the alerts, so it will be more convenient. The "x" is going to be bigger.olestas wrote: When receiving fixed radar message, I can press only "Not there" button, which is very big. Make there button "OK" and only then "not there". Small "x" is too small and again.
Thanks for your suggestions, we're taking them under consideration.Steviex2Shoes wrote:All my issues could be specific to my phone so I will say now I am running a Motorola Droid Bionic running Android 4.0.4.
1. When going to share my drive my preferable way of doing this would be via text message, however since the last few updates I haven't been able to. As you can see from the picture below there is no text in the conversation box where there should be. So I have to resort to emailing my drives instead.
2. On the topic of Sharing your Drives, I feel like its a bit hidden in the "Meet Up" menu, I find myself accidentally clicking on the "Share" icon in the menu only to be directly to share the app instead of my drive. I feel as though a name change for the "Meet Up" tile could be a welcomed change. Maybe just make that tile "My Drive", it just feels like "Meet Up" doesn't accurately describe the menu you're getting into.
3. Hazards - In previous versions of waze when a Hazard popped up notifying you in X amount of feet it told you what the hazard was in the text box. I believe it is now just an icon maybe, but I could be wrong when I'm driving I'm not actively looking at icons to know for sure. However if it is there is an icon for say, a car on the side of the road then I feel like there should be text that says Car on Shoulder in X amount of feet (is it there? Thank you). When driving I feel like words sometimes are a bit better than a picture.
4. Hazards - now to completely contradict what I just said I feel like there should be new icons added for hazards. Mainly the weather hazards. I feel like with bad weather ahead an actual icon for the weather reported(ie a fog icon, hail icon, rain icon, and snow icon, maybe add an Ice Icon) should be put on the map so you have a better idea of what you're driving into rather than seeing a hazard icon which could be any number of things on the map.
6. I feel like the Direction Arrows are a bit confusing and need to be updated. A prime example:
While this doesn't show exactly what I'm about to say it helps. when it comes to staying left, or staying right it shouldn't be the same icon as Exiting Left or Right. I feel like the icon should be more like this for an Exit left or right:
This would make it easy to distinguish the action you really need to be taking.
7. The text box displaying your ETA information needs to be resized or the box needs to be bigger to give room for longer trips
We are also aware of the bugs you've mentioned and working on fixing them.
Please send logs (in debug mode) from a specific drive it happened on. We'll investigate them.CrackedLCD wrote:Interesting. I hadn't thought to check if those segments were one way or not. 99% of roads around my area now have proper direction thanks to several active editors, myself included.
Still though, it doesn't explain why my icon will often face the wrong direction when I'm stopped at an intersection. It's not technically new behaviour, but it's a lot worse since this update.
well duh, when in navigation mode one row of buttons is added to the menu (with 3 buttons)Autourdupc wrote:When there is the band (see arrow), the pop-up menu openend is larger than when there is no band !
Known issue. Will be fixed.Autourdupc wrote:Text do not fit into the header of the windows...
As mentioned before- we are aware of that problem and it will be fixed for the next official version.euleralves wrote:Again, again and again. I can't report map errors since first 3.5 betapvaladares wrote:All bugs reported in last beta still exist
http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 64#p267764
http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 00#p277500
http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 19#p296419
http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 77#p296477
http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 41#p300641
Known issue, it will be fixed in a future version.bluepawel wrote:There's problem with size of welcome screen on my Sensation:
Avoid toll roads option was never available in Poland. Is it possible you were visiting another country and saw this option?bluepawel wrote:And please answer to this post:
http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 24#p302324
We will consider that.Autourdupc wrote:You could do the same not in navigation mode !perlin wrote:well duh, when in navigation mode one row of buttons is added to the menu (with 3 buttons)Autourdupc wrote:When there is the band (see arrow), the pop-up menu openend is larger than when there is no band !
This is an old bug that's related to the fact that the distance is calculated as the crow flies and not by the actual mileage. We're indeed aware of that problematic behavior, but unfortunately I don't know when the fix will be deployed.Autourdupc wrote:This morning, I had an alert saying "Danger ahead"
And I found that the danger was not on my road...