Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by perlin
Speed_Razer wrote:Waze crashes on me every time I get within about 100 yards of my house. It has done this since the last two updates. After the big update that was the first in a long while I figured it would get sorted out pretty quick, but the new update hit and I still have the issue. When it crashes it is bad enough I have to fully power cycle the phone too.

I thought maybe it was connecting to my wifi and causing a crash during the switchover in data but I disabled wifi and still have the issue. I live in front of a gas station and when I get close enough to see the price to report it I'll crash every time. I now have to shut down waze a half mile from home to avoid the crash. I have waze set to not remember my route, but it apparently is? Only thing I can figure as nothing else is running on the phone, wifi is off, and waze works perfectly all other times for me.
My phone is a Samsung S3, not rooted and running factory image of Android 4.0.4.
Please provide me a permalink of the location where it crashes for you. Does it crashes when you try to search for gas station (in order to update the prices) or just like that, without doing anything?
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
BiggyB99 wrote:Hi All,

i searched the forum but couldn't find an answer, maybe anyone can help me with this.
Im running Waze 3.5.1.4 on an android 4.0.4.
The auto-lock function does not work. Wether I'm navigating in WAZE or just using the map the screen will always dim accordingly to phone settings. I tried with the function on and with the function off, both will not work.

Anyone experienced this and knows how to fix it? I can't navigate now :(
Which device are you using? Did you check the auto-lock settings in the device itself?
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
pvaladares wrote:Most of the times I try to update gas prices I get a "no gps signal available" message although waze shows my current gps position and routing is ok.
I'll appreciate if you can provide a few of them (their location, I mean), so I'll try to reproduce the problem.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
pvaladares wrote:
CrackedLCD wrote:
pvaladares wrote:Most of the times I try to update gas prices I get a "no gps signal available" message although waze shows my current gps position and routing is ok.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
You're not alone on that. Both me and another local user have experienced this on our Galaxy S phones on Gingerbread. I just got a new Droid DNA and have only run Waze once but so far it hasn't given the error, so I dunno if it's software related or hardware related. I'd think Sony Ericsson phones should have better GPS than our crappy Samsungs, though.

The problem is only when I try to update gas prices. It I try to report anything else it works OK.
It should not be related with the GPS.
I'm sorry for the confusion, but the feature of reporting gas prices is not embedded in Portugal yet. If you can see the button of "Gas Prices" in the report menu then this is a bug. I'll appreciate if you send me a screenshot of that.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
CBenson wrote:I continue to have the problem that whenever I add a stop, waze tells me to proceed to highlighted route even though I am on the highlighted route.
PTAHRAAS.jpg
Please send logs and mention the date & time of the problem.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
pvaladares wrote:
perlin wrote: I'm sorry for the confusion, but the feature of reporting gas prices is not embedded in Portugal yet. If you can see the button of "Gas Prices" in the report menu then this is a bug. I'll appreciate if you send me a screenshot of that.
I visited Spain and got the feature unlocked.
The gas prices worked good so far.
Now it just shows the 'no gps available' message.
In Spain this feature is available. I guess the button got stuck and stayed on your screen when you got back to Portugal. Can you try re-installing (plus deleting waze folder)?
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
CBenson wrote:
perlin wrote:
CBenson wrote:I continue to have the problem that whenever I add a stop, waze tells me to proceed to highlighted route even though I am on the highlighted route.
PTAHRAAS.jpg
Please send logs and mention the date & time of the problem.
This is entirely repeatable. It happens whenever I add a stop. However, I'm unable to send logs on this issue.
I think I managed to pin down this issue. Apparently it tells you to proceed to highlighted route when you add a stop by passing through the preview screen. If you add a stop just by tapping the name of the destination (which is possible only in favorites or history)- the problem won't occur.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Autourdupc wrote:After uninstalling Waze, deleting Waze folder and reinstalling Waze, setting for Gas station are lost (preferred gas and order). They are not stored into my account.
Settings are always lost after clean installation. They are saved only upon upgrading.
Only favorites are saved on the server. Settings are saved on the app itself.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
It's totally legit to put here also suggestions and feature requests, in addition to bug reports.
It's not getting lost, as I'm following everything you wrote and take it under consideration.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Colonel667 wrote:Waze crashed at the splash screen for me on a new inofficial Android 4.2.1 ROM on my Nexus One. No idea if you're interested in this, since it's an inofficial ROM, but maybe there's something wrong with general 4.2.1 compatibility, who knows?
Does it crashes every time? Often? Just this one time?
perlin
Send a message